Watch: The Top 5 Gifts Consumers Want This Holiday Season
Lowe’s, the nation’s largest retailer of major appliances, has begun offering steep discounts on select models as part of a month-long Black Friday promotion.
The No. 2 home improvement chain’s promotional calendar includes discounts of up to 40 percent on designated appliances, and a sale price of $999 for Samsung 25.5-cubic-foot French door refrigerators (model RF260BEAESG) in stainless or black stainless, regularly $2,199. The retailer is also offering rebates of up to $600 in the form of a Lowe’s gift card on purchases of two or more select majaps, each priced $396 or higher.
All three offers are effective through Nov. 29.
In addition, daily deals on smart-home products will be announced throughout the month, including a $20 savings on the purchase of two Google Home Minis, available Nov. 14-21.
“Navigating last-minute deals can be a daunting task, so we are thrilled to be able to deliver early savings that give customers extra time to plan, shop and save,” said Jocelyn Wong, Lowe’s’ chief marketing officer. “We hope that by providing our customers with excellent opportunities to save from November 1 onward, they’ll feel more prepared for holiday gatherings and special time with friends and family ahead.”
Month-long deals include:
- Samsung’s stackable front-load washer (model WF45N5300AV) and dryer (model DVE45N5300F) for $649 and $629, respectively, plus rebates, down from $999 each;
- a Whirlpool 24-inch stainless steel dishwasher with 1-hour cycle (model WDF520PADM), reduced from $529 to $329;
- a Maytag 24-inch, fingerprint-resistant stainless steel dishwasher with top control (model MDB8989SHZ) for $599, reduced from $849, plus rebates; and
- A Whirlpool 24.6-cubic-foot side-by-side fridge in fingerprint-resistant stainless with ice maker (model WRS315SDHZ) for $899 plus rebates, down from $1,299.
In contrast, Lowe’s archrival The Home Depot is holding its Black Friday plans closer to the vest. According to BestBlackFriday.com, a research and shopping advice site, the retailer has issued a preliminary cease and desist order, an annual practice, that forbids the site from posting Home Depot’s Black Friday ad scan until late in November.
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019