The ninth annual Independent We Stand “Independent Small Business of the Year Award” contest, also known as the Indie Award, is one step closer to crowning a winner.
Thousands of votes were cast for the 152 award nominees during the nomination phase, with 25 quarter-finalists making it to the next round of voting being held from Oct. 28 through Nov. 17.
The winner will be announced on Nov. 25, ahead of Small Business Saturday for the first time in the history of the award.
The 2019 Indie Award prize package includes:
- Branding, advertising and public relations makeover from independent advertising agency The Meridian Group valued at $25,000
- $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate
- Plaque to display at winner’s business
- Public relations and social media recognition
All quarter-finalists receive an Independent We Stand Premium Membership for life.
The 2019 quarter-finalists in alphabetical order are:
- ABC Discount Appliances, an appliance and electronics store in Pennsauken, NJ.
- Artisana Gallery, a gallery for local artisans in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Beacon Services & Appliances, an HVAC and appliances sales and repair store in Beverly Hills, FL.
- Beantown Statie Production Company, a video, film and music production company in Lowell, MA.
- Corner Financial Corporation, a consumer and business lender in Orlando, FL.
- Cowboys Chophouse, a family owned and operated steakhouse in Emmett, ID.
- Dana’s Fine Jewelry, Inc., a jewelry store in Newton, NC.
- Dunham’s Department Store, a specialty department store in Wellsboro, PA.
- Duvall & Co., custom furniture design studio in Wake Forest, NC.
- From My Shelf Books & Gifts, a new and used bookstore and gift shop in Wellsboro, PA.
- Healthcare Supply Service, Inc., a dental supply company in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Hen & Chicks Studio, a quilting and scrapbooking studio in Conrad, IA
- Imaginarium SuperStore, an antiques and collectibles store in Omaha, NE.
- K-FIT Minooka, a circuit training and boxing gym in Minooka, IL.
- Maeband, a pregnancy belly band maker in Herriman, UT.
- McCoy True Value, a hardware store in Indianola, Iowa
- Sherman’s, a furniture, appliance, electronics and mattress store in Peoria, IL.
- Taylorsville Hardware, a hardware store in Taylorsville, KY.
- The Art Lounge, a custom frame shop and art gallery in Spartanburg, SC.
- The Cross Eyed Owl Gift Shop, a gift and home décor shop in Valatie, NY.
- The Mattress Factory—Furniture & Mattress Galleries, a mattress and furniture store in Greenwood, SC.
- Travis Jean Emporium, a gift shop featuring carefully curated Georgia-made products in Macon, GA.
- Windsor House Nannies, a full-service nanny placement and sitting service agency in Austin, TX
- Ziegfield Florist and Gifts, a novelty gifts and floral shop in Maple Shade, NJ.
- Zirilli's Chilly Treats, an Italian ice and ice cream shop in Cape Coral, FL.
For more information on the Indie Award contest or to vote for your favorite small business, visit www.IndieBizAward.com.
Independent We Stand is a movement led by independent small business owners who strive to inspire other small business owners across the nation. The Indie Award Independent gives consumers the ability to honor locally owned businesses whose owners go out of their way to give back to their communities and provide a great customer experience. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. STIHL products are sold through more than 9,000 authorized local STIHL dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include Nationwide Marketing Group, PPG and Do it Best Corp.
For more information about Independent We Stand, visit https://www.independentwestand.org/.