The 12-distributor consortium said its members are taking advantage of CEDIA’s late start this year (Oct. 14-17) to provide their customers with extra opportunities to preview new products.
“With CEDIA Expo happening later in the fall this year, as a group, we wanted to keep dealers engaged and give them opportunities to interface with manufacturers and get a preview of all the new products before the show,” said PowerHouse executive director Dennis Holzer. “Our members have been collecting direct dealer feedback and are responding by getting in-demand vendors to their training rooms and at their fall shows across the country.”
Among the planned member events:
* Audio America, covering the Southeast, will host local dealers at its annual Fall Show in Atlanta on Sept.12, featuring over 50 residential and commercial A/V manufacturer reps.
* Houston-based ECD, celebrating its 55th anniversary, is inviting dealers to visit its newly-renovated headquarters on Sept. 17.
* 21st Century Distributing will open the doors to its new Smyrna, Tenn., facility — the company’s fifth — in September, grand opening date to be announced.
* Mountain West plans to give its dealers “a true CEDIA preview” with a Home A/V and Security Open House at its Denver facility on Sept. 29.
* CED will kick off its annual Fall Ball event series at its Northbrook, Ill., headquarters, also on Sept. 29.
PowerHouse itself will be busy the following month at CEDIA, when it welcomes Vizio to both the show and its exhibit booth for the vendor’s first Expo appearance.
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019