Santa Clara, CA – April 9, 2015 – Magellan, a leader of innovative GPS devices and content services for vehicles, fitness, outdoor, and mobile navigation, introduces its newest 5-inch auto GPS available exclusively at Costco, the RoadMate 5250T-LM. This premium device adds three free years of PhantomALERT Red Light and Speed Camera Warnings to high-end GPS navigation features such as Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates, Landmark Guidance, Best Parking, and much more.
The specialized information from PhantomALERT combines verified and crowdsourced data to warn drivers of red light and speed cameras. The premium upgrade included free for three years to Costco customers adds in warnings of mobile speed traps, dangerous intersections and school zones for even greater awareness and safety.
“Our new RoadMate 5250T-LM is unique in that it incorporates the premium PhantomALERT subscription service for heightened awareness and safety.” said Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president of product management. “Loaded with popular Magellan features that make navigation safer and easier, the RoadMate 5250T-LM guarantees you’ll always leave home armed with the latest information to help take the stress out of your drive.”
Features of the Magellan RoadMate 5250T-LM include:
• Free Lifetime Map Updates – Owners can download the latest map information (up to 4 times a year) for all 50 states and Canada
• Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts – Real-time, subscription-free traffic updates sent directly to your GPS unit to avoid traffic jams and other delays
• 3 Years PhantomALERT Traffic Camera Warnings – For three years, receive audible and visual warnings of upcoming red lights, speed cameras, and
more; provided by PhantomALERT™ Premium
• Portrait & Landscape Viewing Mode – Two viewing modes adapt to your personal viewing preference. Portrait mode provides extended view of the road
ahead; Landscape mode provides an improved peripheral view of your surroundings
• Millions of Points of Interest (POIs) – Includes branded and highway exit POIs to conveniently search for restaurants, hotels, gas stations, and more
• Junction View and Lane Assist – Realistic images of freeway signs and arrows guide drivers to the correct lane for safer maneuvers at interchanges and
• Landmark Guidance – Provides routing instructions using easier-to-see visual landmarks like gas stations and super markets instead of street names
• Multi-Destination Routing – Users can plan their entire day or multi-day trip in one route
• OneTouch™ Favorites Menu – Creates shortcuts to favorite destinations and searches
• Best Parking – Provides parking garage locations, hours of operation and directions to the entrance
• Speed Limit Warnings – Manage your speed with optional settings for visual and audible alerts
Pricing and Availability
The Magellan RoadMate 5250T-LM will be available at Costco locations throughout the U.S. as well as online at www.costco.com in April for $149.99.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, manufacturer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) brand of portable GPS navigation devices, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the industry leader for innovative GPS navigation devices since 1986, globally markets award-winning products in multiple categories including auto, RV, commercial, outdoor, fitness and mobile. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is developing new cloud-based technologies, wearables, OEM and B-to-B solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s consumers.