Demonstrating its commitment to provide dealers and end-users with a comprehensive line of safety and security products for the home and beyond, Nortek Security & Control (NSC) today announced the launch of five new 2GIG sensors. The new line is making its debut at ISC West 2018 in the Sands Exposition Center in Las Vegas, Nevada in Nortek Security & Control Booth #20015.
“The expanded range of 2GIG intelligent sensors provides security professionals with diverse, easily installable solutions, and gives homeowners added peace-of-mind,” NSC Executive VP of Marketing and Innovation Joe Roberts said today. “In addition to diversifying the dealer’s portfolio, these new sensors provide early warnings with an unparalleled level of customized notifications for end-users through our back-end partners, like alarm.com. Homeowners can choose to get notifications on their smartphones via back-end partners’ app, or alarms on their security panel. 2GIG sensors are compatible with 2GIG GC2 and GC3 panels as well as Honeywell® protocol systems. For selected 2GIG sensors, homeowners can personalize settings to send notifications based on pre-set rules, such as time of day, and they are able to repeat frequency.”
2GIG®’s new sensors include:
- Stove & Grill Guard: This proactive sensor is the industry’s first sensor to notify users if a stove or grill is left on, protecting the home, family, and property from a potential fire hazard. It allows worry-free cooking and grilling and provides peace of mind for families with kids and teens, as well as for seniors aging in place.
- Trigger Lock Detector: Designed to keep firearms safe from unattended use and movement, it provides users with an alert when a gun is moved or tilted. The lock is removable in three seconds or less with a protective three-digit combination. This smart lock assists to make your gun secure while accessible at the same time.
- Water Leak Detector: New sensor provides dual-source protection against water leaks by providing a drip notification when placed under a water source and a notification when water is present. Easy to install with no screws or tools needed, this sensor protects against one of the leading insurance claims in the U.S.
- Driveway Motion Detector: Alerting homeowners when a vehicle pulls up to the driveway, this sensor’s waterproof outdoor electromagnetic sensor sends a notification to the alarm panel or phone app, alerting users of visitor, delivery or intruder arrivals.
- Outdoor Window/Door Sensor: With the ability to bear extreme temperatures, this new sensor protects against intrusion through outdoor gates or windows around property or pools. It is equipped to accommodate a 2” gap to fit even the widest range of outdoor gates.
Selected sensors can be custom-configured to send notifications on a personally determined schedule. For example, if a homeowner with a 2GIG GC3 system wants to be notified only if their stove left on for over 30 minutes, they can set their Stove & Grill Guard sensor accordingly.
These new 2GIG sensors empower homeowners with a more proactive approach to managing and monitoring the security system to best fit their lifestyle. Homeowners can now be notified earlier in the “event cycle” than ever, like when a car enters the driveway (before someone rings the doorbell) or when the stove is left on (before something catches fire). “We put considerable energy into listening to our dealers and end-users to create new solutions to better integrate into the user’s lifestyle,” continued Roberts. “From the gate to the roof, these new 2GIG® sensors provide peace of mind like never before with a level of personalization that today’s homeowners expect.”
All new sensors are compatible with 2GIG’s GC2 and GC3 panels, and with the new GC3 integration with the ELAN® Entertainment & Control platform, they can be integrated into ELAN systems. To check out all six sensors in person, visit the Nortek Security & Control Booth #20051 at ISC West 2018, or visit 2gig.com for more information.
For more images, click here.