Ahead of the back-to-school rush, Amazon launched it’s Off-to-College store before the 2019 Prime Day in July. This specialty shop is targeted towards college and university students looking to purchase supplies and dorm essentials on a budget.
“We want to support students and parents with everything they need to make the transition to campus life comfortable this year,” said Cem Sibay, VP of Amazon Prime in an official statement. “The combination of Prime Student's convenient shopping and entertainment benefits and our Off-to-College store's incredible deals allows students and parents to stretch every dollar, while keeping all of the fun and excitement that comes with getting ready for college.”
To gain access to the special pricing and daily deals, students will need to have a Prime Student membership. Students enrolled in two or four year colleges are eligible to sign up for Prime Student and after a six-month trial, Prime Student is half the cost of regular Prime at just $6.49 a month, or $59 a year.
Perks with Prime Student membership include:
- Unlimited Free One-Day Delivery on more than 10 million items from coast to coast, and Prime Free Same-Day Delivery on more than 3 million items in thousands of cities and towns across 44 major metropolitan areas, along with two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities.
- Instant access to thousands of movies and TV shows, two million songs, thousands of stations and ad-free playlists.
- Exclusive gaming benefits on Twitch., including in-game loot on popular titles, a selection of free games and a monthly Twitch channel subscription.
- Prime Wardrobe lets you try before you buy the latest styles from Amazon. Members can try-on fashions at home, choose what you like,return unwanted items for free in the package provided and only be charged for what you decide to keep.
- Additionally, college students can purchase, rent and trade-in textbooks with Amazon.
See also: Alexa, How Was Prime Day?