While Amazon’s private label, AmazonBasics, accounted for $7.5 billion out of $232.9 billion in 2018, the more than 2,000 products tend to rank in the middle of the top-100, occasionally floating to the top before returning down the ranks.
Over the past decade, private label brands have become a huge revenue producer for companies like Walmart, Target, Costco and Sam’s Club. Seeing success and potential to increase revenue, other major retailers and grocers have forged into the private label game slowly, accelerating production once their customers gain confidence in the product line quality.
A report by thinknum.com lists the 20 best-selling AmazonBasics products based on average category sales rank and how many total days they ranked in the top-100.
The top five products include:
- AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48 Count)
- AmazonBasics Microfiber Cleaning Cloth - 24-Pack
- AmazonBasics AAA Performance Alkaline Batteries (36 Count)
- AmazonBasics High-Density Round Foam Roller, Black and Speckled Colors
- AmazonBasics Hanging File Folders - Letter Size, Green, 25-Pack
AmazonBasics was launched in 2009, and 423 AmazonBasics products have made it to the top-100 across 22 of Amazon’s categories since 2016. The top selling categories for AmazonBasics are Office Products and Cell Phones & Accessories.