To get in on the Star Wars-themed #ForceFriday action, New York City Uber customers can ride in a Dodge Charger SRT 392 patterned after First Order Stormtrooper. The promo is being undertaken by Mattel’s Hot Wheels, which has also created a new 1:64 model.
These are the details, as provided by Mattel:
1. Open the app today, Friday, Sept. 4, between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Manhattan (59th Street and below).
2. Tap the Profile icon on the left and select the Promotions menu option.
3. Enter promo code HOTWHEELSFF to unlock the special “Hot Wheels” option.
4. Request the “Hot Wheels” option on the bottom slider in your app starting at 9 a.m. today.
5. If a car is available, you’ll get the once-in-a-lifetime chance to ride for free in a Stormtrooper car.
6. Share your experience using hashtag #HotWheelsForceFriday on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Naturally, Hot Wheel expects “demand will be extremely high and supply will be limited.”
If you take a ride, please share the experience with us!