Resideo Technologies, Inc., has unveiled their new professionally-installed video doorbell as well as upgrades and enhancements to its ProSeries Platform at this year’s ISC West.
First Alert VX1 HD Video Doorbell
Less than one year ago, Resideo acquired First Alert, America’s most trusted brand in fire safety. Resideo’s new First Alert VX1 HD Video Doorbell offers unmatched durability, leading video quality and enhanced artificial intelligence (AI). With simple professional installation and advanced range and performance, the VX1 Video Doorbell offers the reliability that dealers expect from Resideo and its First Alert brand.
“Resideo’s first professionally installed video doorbell was designed to meet the performance demands of the professional installer and offers seamless integration with our professional security ecosystem, including the ProSeries and AlarmNet Platforms,” said Scott Ziffra, Senior Vice President, Engineering & Product Management at Resideo. “It allows homeowners to greet visitors, keep track of package deliveries, and monitor general activity outside their door from any location via the Total Connect 2.0 app.”
The VX1 Video Doorbell offers:
- Durable Design. The VX1 Video Doorbell offers reliable performance via a wired installation and can withstand a variety of extreme weather conditions – including temperature, (-40 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit), humidity, dust, moisture, and ultraviolet rays.
- Innovative AI. To help reduce false alarms, the camera intelligently detects and differentiates between people, packages, vehicles and animals. Homeowners can customize notifications and detection areas based on their needs.
- Leading Video Quality. For complete awareness day or night, the high-resolution five-megapixel camera offers vibrant, detailed video and wide-angle views, as well as infrared and color night vision.
- Secure, Encrypted and Reliable Video Viewing. Users can stay connected and get notified of important activity, accessing both live and recorded video, from any location via the Resideo Total Connect 2.0 app. Professionals can monitor via the AlarmNet platform.
Security companies can deepen revenue opportunities with subscription-based service plans through seven or 30-day video storage options by adding the VX1 Video Doorbell to each installation. The VX1 Video Doorbell will integrate with Resideo’s professional security ecosystem and be available early summer at ADI Global Distribution and other distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
ProSeries Platform Updates
The award-winning ProSeries Platform offers Resideo’s largest range of supported home solutions in one modular, scalable system. The ProSeries Platform will receive updates to its security, life safety, and home automation system, including:
- New Wireless Outdoor Motion Viewer provides additional awareness to help protect more indoor and outdoor spaces including pools, driveways and storage sheds. It also can provide end-user video verification, powered by a false-alarm reduction algorithm, to improve authorities’ response times. It will be available late spring at ADI Global Distribution and other distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
- Apple HomeKit integration allows Apple Home App users to add security command and control to their existing home network and use Siri to control the ProSeries security system. The Apple HomeKit integration received Best in Smart Home Solutions at the 2023 SIA New Products + Solutions Awards at ISC West. It will be available in April via an over-the-air (OTA) update for Resideo ProSeries PROA7PLUS users.
- New Software Enhancements will be delivered OTA in April to enable faster installation, new Z-Wave device support, higher resolution video for tablet users and additional awareness zones and customization.
- VX1 Video Doorbell Integration will be delivered OTA this summer to view video-event notifications, watch live doorbell video and greet visitors from the ProSeries panels and keypads.
See also: Client Minds Turn To Automated Outdoor Shades In Spring