KENILWORTH, N.J. –
Maingear has updated its Titan 17 notebook with two
new graphics options.
The Titan 17 is now equipped with Nvidia’s GTX 675M graphics card and
with that company’s 3D Vision 2 technology. Maingear stated the new GPU is
60 percent faster than the 660M that was previously included in the Titan 17.
The optional 3D display can deliver stereoscopic 3D imaging when used
with Nvidia’s active shutter glasses. The IR emitter is built into the notebook.
The Titan 17 carries a $2,599 starting price.
Other basic features include:
• Video card: up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M SLI with 2GB GDDR5
• Display: 17.3-inch FullHD 1,920 by 1,080 (1080p) widescreen (16:9 Aspect
Ratio) LED-backlit with Super Clear Glare Type screen/with optional
built-in 3D emitter and 120Hz panel
• Processor: up to Intel Core i7-3960X Processor Extreme Edition
• Memory: up to 32GB quad-channel DDR3 – 1,333/1,600Mhz
• Optical drive: up to 2x Blu-ray reader/8x Multi Combo (BD-R, DVD+-RW,
• Hard drive: up to 3x 512GB solid-state drive or 750GB 5,400 rpm SATA