New York - Samsung Electronics America announced pricing and availability dates on its 2010 plasma TV lineup, which will feature ultra-slim cabinet depths, reduced power consumption and two series with 3D HDTV capability.
In all, the three plasma TV series range in screen size from 50 inches to 63 inches. Six of the eight models (8000 and 7000 series) are 3D-enabled.
The 3D models all include built-in 3D processors that render 2D content into 3D in real time, in addition to playing back native 3D HD content.
Samsung is extending its free 3D Starter Kit offer to consumers who purchase both a Samsung 3D plasma HDTV and either the Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player or the HT-C6930W 3D home-theater system.
Included in the kit is a 3D version of "Monsters vs. Aliens" and two pairs of Samsung 3D Active Glasses.
The following is a list of the new models and pricing. All are available in May.
- PN63C8000, 63 inches, $3,799
- PN58C8000, 58 inches, $2,999
- PN50C8000, 50 inches, $2,099
- PN63C7000, 63 inches, $3,499
- PN58C7000, 58 inches, $2,699
- PN50C7000, 50 inches, $1,799
- PN58C6500, 58 inches, $2,399
- PN50C6500, 50 inches, $1,599