New York – Samsung
Electronics America announced pricing and availability dates on its 2010 plasma
TV lineup, which will feature ultra-slim cabinet depths, reduced power
consumption and two series with 3D HDTV capability.
In all, the three
plasma TV series range in screen size from 50 inches to 63 inches. Six of the
eight models (8000 and 7000 series) are 3D-enabled.
The 3D models all
include built-in 3D processors that render 2D content into 3D in real time, in
addition to playing back native 3D HD content.
extending its free 3D Starter Kit offer to consumers who purchase both a Samsung
3D plasma HDTV and either the Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player or the
HT-C6930W 3D home-theater system.
Included in the
kit is a 3D version of “Monsters vs. Aliens” and two pairs of Samsung 3D Active
The following is a
list of the new models and pricing. All are available in May.
- PN63C8000, 63 inches, $3,799
- PN58C8000, 58 inches, $2,999
- PN50C8000, 50 inches, $2,099
- PN63C7000, 63 inches, $3,499
- PN58C7000, 58 inches, $2,699
- PN50C7000, 50 inches, $1,799
- PN58C6500, 58 inches, $2,399
- PN50C6500, 50 inches, $1,599