Dell Turns Profit On Consumer Lines - Twice

Dell Turns Profit On Consumer Lines

Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
0

Round Rock, Texas - Dell reported a slight increase in consumer revenue and reported an operating profit in its fiscal second quarter, ended July 29.

Consumer revenue was $2.9 billion, a 1 percent increase compared with the prior year's second quarter. Net revenue for desktop PCs was down 3 percent to $3.73 billion compared with the prior year. But revenue for laptops and desktops combined was up 4 percent.

Operating income was $73 million in the quarter, compared with a $21 million loss in the prior year's second quarter.

Corporately, Dell reported a substantial gain in profitability on slightly higher sales in its fiscal second quarter, based on its enterprise solutions and services.

GAAP-related net income was $890 million for the quarter, compared with net income of $545 year on year, a 63 percent increase.

Revenue was up 1 percent to $15.65 billion in the quarter, compared with the prior year.

Featured

Related Articles