More than 182,000 people attended CES 2018 in January, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) revealed this week.
CTA, owner and producer of the annual tech trade show, released preliminary details from its audit report, which is conducted by Vault Consulting. The firm is certified by the Exhibition and Event Industry Audit Commission (EEIAC) to perform audits.
Among the findings:
The Stars Were Out At CES 2018
- There were 182,198 total attendees who congregated for the four-day event, held Jan. 9-12.
- Of these, 63,784 were international attendees, up 5.9 percent from the previous show — and a CES record.
- This is the second year in a row that attendance broke the 182,000 mark.
- There were 4,473 exhibitors occupying over 2.78 million net square feet of exhibit space, including over 1,000 start-ups at the Eureka Park Marketplace.
- Members of the media numbered 6,645, with the show receiving over 107,000 media mentions, 1 million #CES2018 and @CES mentions, and 49 million CES Snapchat Live Story views.
- There were 1,079 speakers who participated in keynotes, panels and conference sessions, including more than 300 women speakers.
CES 2019 will run Jan. 8-11, 2019, in Las Vegas. Registration will open Sept. 10.