CEA Releases Digital America Research ReportCEA Releases Digital America Research Report 8/01/2012 10:47:55 AM Eastern
Arlington, Va. - The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has released Digital America 2012, an educational resource for the consumer electronics industry.
This annual publication details the strong growth of the CE industry and offers insights, trends, market research, data and analysis on such product categories as accessories, audio, digital imaging, gaming, home networking, home theater, mobile in-vehicle electronics, video and wireless communications, according to CEA.
Combining the association's market research with third-party studies and industry analysis, Digital America 2012 charts growth areas and opportunities in the CE market, providing answers to these questions:
- How have smartphones impacted the home audio and digital imaging markets?
- How big is the market for factory-installed and aftermarket CE devices in vehicles? How many flat-panel displays designed for cars are expected to ship in 2013?
- What percentage of U.S. broadband households uses a home network?
- What does the future hold for independently distributed video game titles?
- Does the crowd funding model work for game developers?
Digital America 2012 also features a history of the CE industry, including a timeline of CE milestones and a directory of industry resources, CEA said.
This report is free for CEA members and can be found at the members-only website. Non-members can purchase the report for $995, and receive a 20 percent discount through July 31. For more information visit: Store.CE.org/Digital-America-2012-PDF_p_447.html. Preview an abridged version of Digital America 2012 here: Content.CE.org/PDF/DigitalAmerica2012_Abridged.pdf.