SAN DIEGO — Sony Electronics, a worldwide leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, has today introduced the newest addition to their compact zoom camera lineup, the DSC-HX80 model.
The new camera features a variety of advanced imaging capabilities including 30x optical zoom, a high-resolution 18.2 MP2 Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a retractable OLED Tru-Finder in a class-leading compact body. Along with the DSC-HX90V model, the HX80 camera becomes the only compact high-zoom camera with a retractable electronic viewfinder, making it an extremely appealing and flexible solution for travel and family photography and video shooting.
The HX80 also features a high-resolution, 921k dot LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees for comfortable arms-length portraits or “selfies” and is Wi-Fi / NFC compatible.
Key features for the new model are included below:
Compact Hi-Zoom HX80 Camera w/ Built-in Retractable EVF
Available in April for about $350
- Premium 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* optical zoom lens with 60x “Clear Image” digital zoom capability
- Built-in pop-up OLED Tru-Finder EVF w/ high contrast and vivid colors
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor ensure the finest capture details for still images and Full HD videos in all lighting conditions
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilization minimizes effects of camera shake
- 921k dot, 3.0 type LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees
- Full HD movie shooting capabilities including high-speed XAVC S format at 50 Mbps
- Built-in ‘pop up’ flash for low-light shooting support
- Compatible with Wi-Fi / NFC for seamless wireless transfer of content and with select Sony PlayMemories™ Camera apps
A variety of exclusive stories and exciting new content shot with Sony imaging products can be found at www.alphauniverse.com, Sony’s growing community site built to educate, inspire and showcase all fans and customers of the Sony imaging brand.