LUCIDBRAKE FIRST SMART WIRELESS BIKE BRAKE LIGHT
TO DONATE 20% OF ALL PRE-ORDER SALES
TO HELP FIGHT HIV/AIDS
Safer Biking with Patent Pending Wireless Brake Light
Brilliant LED Light Visible from ½ Mile
Smart Light Detects Stopping Motion with 4 Beacon/Brake Modes
Press-on, No Installation Needed with Tough “Dual Lock” Fasteners
May 19, 2015, Parker, Colorado — LucidBrake www.lucidbrake.com, creator of the first smart wireless bike brake light, announced today that it will give 20% of all pre-order sales of LucidBrake at www.lucidbrake.com to HIV/AIDS awareness and research. Until July 2015, LucidBrake is donating 20% of every pre-order to AIDS/Lifecycle: Ride to End AIDS, the annual 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness of HIV/AIDS, held May 31-June 6, 2015 http://www.aidslifecycle.org/.
The LucidBrake wireless press-on safer biking brake light is now available for pre-order after recently completing its successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, with pricing of $50 until July 2015 (normally $74.99). Early-birds can order the patent-pending smart brake light that can save lives through safer biking and also help fight HIV/AIDS at the same time through LucidBrake’s support for AIDS safety awareness and research.
“I realized one day that I could make bikers safer on the road. Prevention is 100% better than healing broken bones. I have family members who ride bikes and I have family members who are gay. I care about them and want to make all families safer. What better way than giving to AIDS/Lifecycle?” said LucidBrake Inventor and Founder, John Craig, longtime author of Microsoft books.
Safer Biking with LucidBrake with 8 Ultra-Bright LEDs
Visible up to a ½ mile away, the LucidBrake smart ultra-bright LED brake light provides safer biking so cars, other bikers, and pedestrians can see you braking, slowing down, or stopping — even at a distance. LucidBrake detects and shows motion with 8 LEDs that blink as you move and alert solid when you stop (just like a car’s brake lights), showing the difference between slowing down and abruptly stopping with 4 beacon modes (flashing, fast flashing, solid, off) and 2 braking indicators (sudden and normal). The smart brake light detects slow and stopping motion using all 3 axes of acceleration signals (right/ left, up/down, backwards/forwards), filtering out road bumps, grades, angles, and normal cycling movements.
LucidBrake can be used on bikes, boats, jet skis, skateboards, wheelchairs, scooters, helmets, and even backpacks. LucidBrake requires no installation and no wiring. It quickly attaches with press-on 3M fastener material — tough enough to hold up metal siding on buildings in extreme outdoor weather conditions.
Lucid Brake Features:
• Ultra bright brake light visible from ½ mile away at night and ¼ mile in the day to prevent cyclists’ injuries.
• Easy to install, no wiring needed. Presses on securely with tough dual-lock fasteners.
• Patent-pending innovative design.
• Flat back allows it to mount onto multiple surfaces, backpacks, helmets, etc.
• 4 different beacon modes (flashing, fast flashing, solid, off) with modes aligning to the E.U. laws (off or dimmed tail-light).
• Angled cover design increases degree of visibility.
• Brake light has two speeds: normal and emergency.
• Brake Light Indicator:
o No pressing a pedal or button necessary.
o Knows when going over bumpy roads, down a hill, or really slowing down.
o Adjusts to the mounting angle.
o Flashes more intensely when stopping suddenly, alerting others.
• No on/off switch: automatically goes into sleep mode when not in use or by changing the position of the unit or storing in flat or horizontal position.
• Long battery life of over 1 year with 2 AAA batteries.
• Waterproof : operates under water for biking in rain or snow, for boating, or other aquatic uses.
• Lightweight: under 2 oz. total weight (including batteries).
• Many other creative non-bicycle uses possible – such as at the end of long truck or car loads.
Pricing & Availability – Shipping in Time for Summer 2015 Cycling Season
After successful completion of Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns, LucidBrake is now available for pre-order for the summer cycling season with discounted pricing of $50 until July at www.lucidbrake.com (normally $74.99), shipping July 2015. For more information, see the website: www.lucidbrake.com, Twitter @LucidBrake, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LucidBrake , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiU_mUikxZ2tSDAjQwUo-KA/videos.
About LucidLights, LLC
Founded in 2007, LucidLights, LLC designs innovative smart LED lighting technology for safer living. LucidLights ™ are hand-held, oscillating light devices that use persistence of vision to paint bright images (text or graphic) in thin air, stopping people in their tracks with their novel brilliance. In 2013, LucidLights created prototypes for LucidBrake and with the help of a successful crowd-funding campaign, produced their first production run. The new LucidBrake is set to ship in July 2015 with a more advanced algorithm for how and when it turns off and more advanced beacon modes, as well as modes that comply with German E.U. rules of the road. For more information, see www.lucidbrake.com.
AIDS/LifeCycle: Ride to End AIDS is a fully supported, 7-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS. AIDS/LifeCycle 2015 will take place May 31st through June 6th, 2015. Every year, this landmark ride through beautiful California delivers a life-changing experience for thousands of participants from all backgrounds and fitness levels united by a common desire to do something heroic. For more information on AIDS Lifecycle, see: http://www.aidslifecycle.org/.
LucidBrake Placement: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakeplacement.html
Lucid Brake in Hand – lit: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakeinhandlit.html
Lucid Brake Lights: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakelights.html
AIDS Lifecycle Photo: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakeaidslifecycle.html
Lucid Brake on Helmet: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakehelmet.html
Lucid Brake on Helmet – 2: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakehelmet2.html
Lucid Brake and Cover: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakecover.html
Lucid Brake on Helmet, Backpack, & Bike:
Lucid Brake Logo: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/lucidbrakelogo.html
In action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq5zk6ElwKc&feature=youtu.be
- NewerTech Offers NuGuard KX Protective Cases for iPhone 8 & 8 Plus – Built to Survive Life with Lifetime-Replacement Guarantee – KX Cases Provide State-of-the-Art Military X-Orbing Technology - October 12, 2017
- Macsales.com Introduces 2.0TB OWC Aura Pro SSD – One of the Fastest Internal SSDs Available – Extends Life of MacBook Pro Retina - June 27, 2017
- OWC/NewerTech Father’s Day Gift Ideas for the Digital Dad – Mac/Smartphone/Tablet Storage & Accessories - June 1, 2017