Honeywell today released a number of updates to its popular Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 platform to help security dealers provide a better user experience, stay competitive and drive more recurring monthly revenue (RMR). Please contact Ralph Maniscalco with questions.
ENHANCEMENTS TO HONEYWELL total connect™ remote services 2.0 ELEVATE USER EXPERIENCE, DRIVE RMR
Smart Scene Wizards, Expanded Test Drive Demo and Dynamic New Interface Among Improvements
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 13, 2015 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today released a number of updates to its popular Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 platform to help security dealers provide a better user experience, stay competitive and drive more recurring monthly revenue (RMR).
The enhancements extend the value and reach of the award-winning solution, which lets consumers use mobile devices to remotely control security and automation functions, view live video, stay in the know with real-time alerts and track vehicles and assets via GPS technology.
“In today’s mobile society, people are busier than ever. So we focused on key areas of usability to make it easy for customers to manage their systems in a way that revolves around their lives,” said Alice DeBiasio, general manager for Honeywell Total Connect. “The Smart Scenes, for example, are so intuitive users can set scenes to personalize their environment without any training. Enhancements like tool tips, the refreshed interface and auto-syncing all make Honeywell Total Connect easier to use, easier to sell, and provide dealers with more opportunity for RMR.”
Platform enhancements include:
- Smart Scene Wizards: An intuitive wizard guides users through each step when configuring scenes for energy savings, ambiance and convenience—reducing training time, delivering a better user experience and helping consumers make the most of their connected homes and businesses. This feature is supported on the iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and web via Internet Explorer 10+ or higher.
- Expanded Test Drive Demo: The Test Drive demo, which lets dealers simulate a “live” experience of the platform right on a user’s iPhone without the need for Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity, has been expanded to support iPad and Android devices. It also contains tool tips—informative pop-ups that accompany and explain each feature. It’s an excellent sales tool and an easy way to familiarize consumers with the features and benefits of Honeywell Total Connect.
- Dynamic New Interface: The sleek new interface is cleaner, more modern and inviting, with a subtle color refresh for a calming visual feel. It’s intuitive and easy to operate, with a common user interface that makes operation easier and familiar across all platforms. It is available in four languages— English, Latin American Spanish, French Canadian and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Smart Auto-Syncing: Honeywell Total Connect auto-syncs with the LYNX Touch 7000, 5200 and 5100 Control Systems—greatly simplifying operation when adding or removing sensors, users and Z-Wave® devices or rules. Panel changes occur automatically within seconds.
- Touch ID™: The platform supports Touch ID, an easy, highly secure feature from Apple that uses customers’ fingerprints to act as their passcodes when logging into the iOS app. It works on iPhone 5S, 6, 6Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 and is supported on iOS 8+.
For more information, please visit the Dealer Toolkit.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
# # #
Apple, iPhone, iPad and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.