CEDIA’s annual Integrated Home Market Analysis Survey confirms industry strength bolstered by consumers’ investment in their homes
FISHERS, Ind. (APRIL 6, 2022) – CEDIA, the global trade association for the home technology industry, today released the Integrated Home Market Analysis in partnership with leading market research firm, Ancrage Consulting LLC. The results highlight the strength and stability of the estimated $20.1B integrated home market.
Respondents were surveyed online from August to October 2021 and asked to report on revenue figures from the last 12 months and provide projections for 2022. Objectives include the size of the integrated home industry, areas of expenditure, project size and frequency, specified brands by category, and latest trends.
“As consumers focused on improving and connecting their lives at home, growth in the smart home sector was significant,” says CEDIA Global President and CEO Daryl Friedman. “The past two years have allowed us all to see the potential of our homes as the hub for entertainment, education, work, and wellness. Our latest study confirms these top-line findings, as well as many important data points available to CEDIA members.”
- Based on average annual revenue and project frequency, the integrated home market in the U.S. has an estimated value of $20.1B
- Approximately 11,000 integrator companies operate in the U.S. with an average annual revenue of $2.2M and an average project size of $26K
- Residential projects constitute 83% of revenue, on average
- The average integration company employs 11 people and completes 70 projects per year
- Most integration companies anticipate adding a technical staff member in the next 12 months
- Categories experiencing the most growth include lighting/shading, lighting control, and networking
- Homeowners are shifting toward streaming and “simpler” solutions
- The DIY trend continues to add pressure to this market, though not enough to thwart the bullish growth projected for the next 12 months
One of the key strategic benefits CEDIA offers to home technology integrators is market research that allows them to quickly size the market, understand trends, benchmark to peers, and steer their businesses in the direction of continued stability and growth. As consumers continue establishing and adjusting to these new norms, CEDIA gathers first-hand insight from integrators to accurately paint a picture of the industry at large.
The 2021 CEDIA Home Market Analysis for the U.S. and U.K. is free to download for CEDIA members in the Research Library. Non-members may purchase a copy of the report for $1,000.
About CEDIA (Custom Electronics Design & Installation Association)
CEDIA® is the global industry association and central touch point for companies that design, manufacture, and integrate technology for the home. With a keen focus on education, workforce development, and industry standards, CEDIA continues to build on its more than 30-year legacy as the industry leader in delivering the resources that set members on a pathway to prosperity. CEDIA delivers market intelligence through proprietary research, fosters community within the channel, and cultivates awareness with industry partners, consumers, and connected stakeholders. CEDIA co-owns Integrated Systems Europe, the world’s largest AV and systems integration exhibition, and founded CEDIA Expo, the world’s largest annual residential technology show. Over 3,900 global CEDIA member companies deliver technology solutions that allow families to experience the best moments in life from the comfort of their own home. Learn more about CEDIA at www.cedia.net.
Jessica Guyon, CEDIA
+1 317 222 3252