ProSource, the merchandising group for A/V dealers and custom integrators, has named six businesses as its 2019 Members Of The Year.
Top honors went to ListenUp, led by president Walt Stinson, as PRO Member of the Year. According to the group’s president/CEO Dave Workman, the award is based on member participation; support of group brands; conducting business in a manner that stands as an example to other members; and overall reputation within the industry.
“By all measures, ListenUp not only checks all these boxes but stands as one of the finest examples of excellence within our dealer roster,” Workman said. In turn, Stinson attributed his company’s growth and success in large measure to ProSource’s “great vendor programs” and “crucial support” in logistics, marketing and back-office best practices.
Joining ListenUp as regional Members of the Year are:
- Audio Interiors, a leading Northeast purveyor of customized home theaters, lighting, shades, and home automation. Principals Larry Abrams and Neil Greenberg attribute their success to their internal organization and relationships with clients, industry professionals and vendors, and give kudos to ProSource for the latter.
- First Priority Audio, a Florida-based custom integrator led by president Bert Herrero and GM Joel Hernandez that was selected for its team culture, which is supportive of fellow ProSource members, group committees, vendors and its own staff.
- TRI Phase Technologies, a Midwest integrator led by president/founder Robert Haecker and operations VP Josh Gray that was chosen for its lighting category leadership and loyalty to ProSource and its vendors.
- DB Media Solutions, a North Texas custom integrator headed by president Davis Tyson, who is a new, pro-active member of ProSource. Tyson said his company has “grown by leaps and bounds” since joining the group; and
- Audio Video Design (AVD), a California custom installer led by president Ty Meyer, who is actively engaged in group activities. Said Meyer of ProSource: “They are always looking to help better your business.”
The recipients will be honored at ProSource’s upcoming Summit 2019, running March 1-4 at the Gaylord National Resort in Nashville, concurrent with BrandSource. ProSource describes itself as a cooperative, member-governed, not-for-profit buying group with annual sales of more than $5 billion that represents more than 550 specialty retailers and custom integrators.