D&H Distributing recently announced their strategies to combat the disruption COVID-19 has brought to the industry, including the establishment of a Mini Task Force to develop relevant solutions to help dealers and retailers supply equipment relative to the transition of employees to work-from-home environments. Additionally, the group has created telecommuting bundles for students and teachers to continue their educational instruction programs remotely.
“We’re seeing high demand among our partners for collaborative technologies including hardware, software, cloud-based infrastructures, and services in order to quickly equip end- customers for telecommuting,” said Dan Schwab, co-president at D&H Distributing in a statement. “Partners are working hard to meet this new demand, while dealing with the stresses of mitigating the virus within their own companies and personal lives.”
D&H’s proactive strategies to support partners through this period include the following:
- The distributor is working closely with manufacturers to increase availability of key in-demand product categories, including laptops, mobile devices, displays, WiFi solutions, cloud-based storage and infrastructure, security, unified communications services, plus mobile peripherals and accessories.
- D&H’s consumer sales teams are helping to support customers’ eCommerce businesses. They are introducing new categories to merchants’ online transactional platforms to accommodate increased online shopping as many physical retail locations are forced to temporarily close.
- The distributor is also answering the call to fulfill other categories that are growing due to social distancing practices, e.g., commercial work from home office equipment, personal care items due to less access to salon services, entertainment and crafting products, medical and air-purification solutions, and home appliances.
- D&H has quickly built a Mini Task Force to help create relevant solutions integrating hardware, software, and cloud, to help partners outfit their end-customers for remote workplace or instructional environments.
- D&H is creating product bundles to guide partners in the sale of collaboration solutions which will incorporate mobile, cloud, and security solutions, including a remote student/teacher bundle.
Through the new Task Force, D&H is building educational content on collaboration and business continuity, incorporating solutions like Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Intermedia, and Ring Central.
- Existing sessions on collaboration, unified communications, and video are available on-demand at dandh.com/solutionslab.
- The company is compiling a partner resource list outlining categories and vendors that can create turn-key solutions for a successful plan to help ease disruption in the marketplace.
- D&H is looking to support and assist partners through this crisis, allowing them to do the same for their customers, in hopes of helping everyone in the channel mitigate the business impact of the Coronavirus quarantines.
“D&H has consistently delivered vital support to the marketplace for 102 years, including through a long list of global emergencies. Our partners can rely on us to help facilitate their goals and provide a seamless experience. D&H has the history, the competency, and the business continuity investments in place to overcome adversity, even of this magnitude,” continued Schwab. “Our dealers are being asked to help keep the greater community connected and functional through the deployment of technology, and that effort can only reduce the long-term economic effect of these events. We’re proud of the invaluable role the supply channel has been called upon to play in helping to address the repercussions of this crisis, and we’re dedicated to supporting that.”
D&H partners can call (800) 877-1200 to speak to a D&H account representative, or visit www.dandh.com for information.