Vivitar is using CES to announce a major rebranding and expansion of its consumer electronics portfolio.
The new effort is designed to boost the brand’s grab-and-go shelf appeal for the millennial consumers who are already its primary customers, the company said.
The update will include dozens of new products ranging from action and life-logging cameras to drones, smart watches, smart home devices, and mobile and audio accessories, all featuring new packaging and entry-level price points crafted specifically to fit millennials’ tastes and buying habits.
Built around a ‘We Make Fun’ theme, the rebranding program will also utilize clear messaging about each product’s use to overcome barriers to purchase that are common in the category because of technical-only labeling. The new packaging on the brand’s Bluetooth headphones will proclaim that the products ‘Get Loud,’ USB lightning connectors will ‘Charge Away,’ waterproof action cams will ‘Make a Splash,’ baby cams will help infants ‘Sleep Tight’ and so on, encouraging impulse sales.
These features will be supported by colorful in-store displays, a revamped website and a booth in the Central Hall at CES reflecting the new brand personality, commercials and other digital advertising, and social media campaigns that will help increase brand recognition and promote sell through for retailers.
As part of the rebranding, Vivitar will be broadening the product line into four major categories: digital imaging, mobile power, mobile audio and smart home.
Among the dozens of new products to be released as part of the initiative are:
• The Vivitar 360 Cam for 360-degree video capture, with built-in video stitching software and built-in Wi-Fi for instantly sharing photos and videos ($169 suggested retail).
• The Vivitar MicroCam, the smallest of a new series of wearable camcorders designed for capturing photos and videos of users’ everyday activities with the ability to share those memories via built-in Wi-Fi ($129).
• The Vivitar Air Defender Camera Drone, a quadcopter with a built-in camera and 32 LED lights for night flights ($99.99).
• The Vivitar two-in-one LED Bluetooth Speaker Light Bulb, a multi-colored, Bluetooth-enabled LED light-bulb that lets users stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device as well as change the lighting to suit their mood ($49.99).
• The Vivitar Wi-Fi Smart Plug, an electrical outlet with two USB chargers enabling remote control of lights, TVs, appliances and more via a downloadable app and including compatibility with the Apple HomeKit ($79.99).
Vivitar will be exhibiting at booth 13228.