ADT has unveiled ADT Virtual Assistance, a new program targeted towards making appointment scheduling more flexible, and providing quicker resolutions for service needs. The program is designed for customers who prefer to manually add smart home security devices or self-service their existing ones, including troubleshooting device issues themselves with remote video help from ADT technical specialists.
ADT Virtual Assistance appointments are conducted utilizing customer’s smart phone, allowing trained ADT specialists to hold a two-way video conversation with customers to guide them through more common tasks without having to schedule an in-home visit.
ADT also expects to begin Virtual Assistance installation support for residential customers later this month. Customers will be able to order new devices by phone from ADT and have them shipped directly to their home. During their Virtual Assistance installation appointment, an ADT specialist will provide step-by-step live video guidance to help customers replace or add new devices to their ADT smart home security system.
Additional program details:
- More flexible scheduling options: ADT Virtual Assistance only requires a 30-minute time window and can often be booked the same day. Expanded service time windows from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, Monday-Saturday and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, Sunday provide more options for customers to schedule a virtual appointment.
- Customer savings: With ADT Virtual Assistance, ADT waives the site assessment fee typically required for in-home technician visits.
- Improved customer know-how: By operating virtually alongside an ADT specialist, customers will learn more about the full capabilities of their ADT system.
Since the ADT Virtual Assistance pilot launched in 2021, the company has seen many positive results including:
- Reduced environmental impact: From October 2021 to June 2022, ADT conducted 440,000 fewer vehicle trips when ADT Virtual Assistance was utilized as an alternative for an in-person technician visit, which equates to a reduction of nearly 8,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Workforce efficiency and flexibility: In the pilot phase, ADT Virtual Assistance accounted for more than 40 percent of ADT’s service appointments and enabled ADT specialists to help customers from virtually anywhere in the United States, working from the locations and times that fit their individual workstyles.