Sound United has announced two new factory upgraded versions of the Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 flagship AV components and an upgrade program for existing owners of the two flagship models. The two new units, dubbed the Denon AVR-X8500H “A” and Marantz AV8805 “A,” include 8K/60 Hz upscaling and passthrough, 4K/120 Hz pass-through, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, and HDCP 2.3, as well as other HDMI 2.1 technologies. The factory-upgraded Denon and Marantz units will gradually replace all existing Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 units. The Denon AVR-X8500HA will retail for US $4299, and the Marantz AV8805A at $4,799.
In addition to this, and in accordance with Denon and Marantz’s history of customer support, current owners of the Denon AVR-X8500H and Marantz AV8805 will have the opportunity to upgrade the HDMI/Digital board within their units to obtain the same features as the “A” components. The upgrade requires a hardware modification at a Denon and Marantz certified Service Center. Beginning June 15, 2021, this will be arranged on request by contacting Denon or Marantz directly via the Denon Site, and Marantz Site for US$599 or CA$749. This upgrade service willl be offered both in the United States and Canada. For customers outside of the US and Canada, it is recommended to contact the local Denon or Marantz dealer or distributor for the availability of the upgrade, given the potential variations in price and availability.
Next-Gen HDMI Technologies Now Available
The improved components now also boast the latest HDMI technologies. Enjoy movies and shows with stunning picture quality thanks to a dedicated 8K HDMI input enabling 8K/60 Hz and 4K/120 Hz video pass-through, new HDR format support including HDR10+ and Dynamic HDR, and a new HDMI feature called Quick Media Switching (QMS), which allows a source to instantly switch frame rate to eliminate screen blackout. The latest models still support HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and Dolby Vision, as well as 4:4:4 Pure Color subsampling and BT.2020 pass-through.
Several new features give gamers an edge, including sharp motion clarity with 4K/120 Hz pass through and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) to reduce frame tearing and improve overall precision. Get a jump on the competition with Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), each designed to reduce lag and improve stats. See the enemy before they see you with 8K picture quality.
The products continue to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), which allows lossless and object-based audio transmission like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos from TV apps or connected devices using a single HDMI cable.
Availability and Upgradability
For owners of either the Denon AVR-X8500H or Marantz AV8805 who wish to perform the HDMI 2.1 upgrade, visit the Denon Site or Marantz Site for details. The latest factory upgraded models are now available at your local Denon or Marantz retailer, or at www.denon.com and www.marantz.com.
The process to upgrade the Denon AVR-X8500H or Marantz AV8805 follows:
- Customer visits Denon Site or Marantz Site. Follows instructions, and checks out.
- United Radio, official repair partner of Denon and Marantz, will ship a box to the customer.
- A confirmation will be sent to the customer via email with instructions on what to do with the shipping carton. This will include details on how to affix an upgrade kit label to the box, and a prepaid shipping label.
- Customer ships carton to United Radio.
- United Radio receives product and performs upgrade within 48 hours.
- Return shipment sent out, customer receives shipping notification from United Radio with tracking.
This article originally ran on residentialsystems.com.
See also: Panasonic SoundSlayer Review
- 8K Association Launches Content Awareness Campaign - March 20, 2023
- Integra Audio Inks Distribution Deal With Staub Electronics - March 15, 2023
- Monster Introduces DNA Portable Speakers - March 14, 2023