Bentonville, Ark. - Walmart will enter the Super Bowl sales fray with Samsung LED bundles and discounts on Vizio and Philips LCDs.
The promotion, which begins this Sunday and runs through Feb. 5 or while supplies last, follows pre-Super Bowl sales events by Sears and Best Buy on Samsung, Sharp and Sony sets.
Walmart's "Game Time" LED deals will include:
- a 40-inch Samsung (1080p, 60Hz) and Blu-ray Disc player bundle for $748, a more than $360 savings; and
- a 46-inch Samsung (1080p, 60Hz) and BD player bundle for $898, a better than $560 savings.
LCD deals will include:
- a 32-inch Vizio (720p, 60Hz) for $348;
- a 40-inch Philips (1080p, 120Hz) for $498, a $100 savings;
- a 42-inch Vizio (1080p, 60Hz) for $548; and
- a 55-inch Vizio (1080p, 120Hz) for $998.
Other A/V sale items will include:
- a Vizio HD sound bar for $98;
- a Sony home theater in a box (HTiB) with DVD player for $198, a $30 savings;
- a Philips HTiB with BD player for $288, a $40 savings; and
- an LG HTiB with BD player for $348, a $20 savings.