Bentonville, Ark. - Walmart will kick off its Black Friday sales at midnight this year on all items except CE, which will have their own doorbuster promotion at 5:00 a.m.
The "Must-Have Electronics Event" will feature steep price reductions on HDTVs, laptops, gaming systems and cameras, and a second CE-specific in-store sale is planned for the following day.
The discounter said it "continues to work closely with electronics suppliers ... to secure some of the strongest allocations of products that will be top-sellers among customers."
CE sales on Black Friday will include:
- a 15.6-inch Hewlett-Packard laptop for $298;
- an Emerson 32-inch LCD for $198;
- a Sansui 19-inch LCD for $98;
- Nintendo's DS Lite (in multiple colors) for $89;
- A 15.6-inch eMachine laptop for $198;
- Kodak's C183 14-megapixel digital camera for $59;
- TomTom's GPS XL 335 SE 4.3-inch GPS for $79; and
- A Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disk player with $10 free Vudu movie credits for $69.
Nintendo's Wii console will also be on sale, for $199 with a $50 Walmart gift card, at the general "Open House" sales event beginning at midnight.
"New for this year, Walmart is inviting customers to come at midnight for great savings on items like toys, pajamas, denim and small kitchen appliances and then stay for incredibly low prices on hot electronics, like HDTVs, computers and video games at 5:00 a.m.," said Stephen Quinn, executive VP and chief marketing officer of Walmart U.S.
The retailer will provide pricing updates on Facebook and Walmart.com beginning tomorrow.