New York - Virgin-branded portable electronics have joined Virgin-brand cellular phones and cellular service in the U.S. market.
Virgin's new Virgin Pulse line is to be launched on the night of Oct. 15 during an extravagant Manhattan party and will be available exclusively in Target stores, Target.com, and Virgin Megastores. The line consists initially of 15 products, including two MP3 portables, a CD clock radio, FRS two-way radios, cordless phones, and a portable TV/DVD player with 10.4-inch screen, AM/FM tuner, and MP3-CD playback at $499.
They are positioned as offering quality, style, urban appeal, and their ergonomics are designed for fast-paced lifestyles, the company said. Differentiating points include dual headphone jacks, rubberized paint, removable remotes, 'brilliant-blue' backlit screens, and a 'velvety' feel.
The line represents 'the ultimate mix of high design and functionality at incredible price points,' said Steve Eastman, Target's electronics VP.
The lineup consists of:
- CD-R Media 10 Pack with Storage Cases, $6.99;
- Signature Earbuds, $6.99;
- ActiveFit headphones, $9.99;
- A portable CD player, $39.99;
- A portable CD player with FM tuner, $49.99;
- A portable MP3-CD player, $59.99;
- A cordless phone, $49.99;
- A cordless phone with digital answering machine, $69.99;
- A portable AM/FM stereo tuner, $34.99;
- A pair of FRS Radios, $49.99;
- A desktop CD/clock radio, $69.99;
- A 64MB MP3 player with FM tuner and Smart Media Card expansion slot, $79.99;
- A 128MB MP3 player with tuner, $129.99;
- A portable TV/DVD with 10.4-inch LCD screen, $499.99;
- A portable TV/DVD carrying case, $49.99.