Salt Lake City — Mozaex, a manufacturer of multi-room Blu-ray entertainment servers and peripherals, launched a line home-theater headphones.
The 7.1 BluWavs include a BluWav Blender audio console and feature the company’s Personally Leveled Ultimate Surround Headphones (PLUSH) technology, designed to let users fine-tune the volume and EQ of 10 discrete speakers.
They deliver bit rates up to 27Mbps, the company said, and have a vibration subwoofer driver that has its own dedicated bass-booster amplifier and crossover, “which delivers bass sounds the listener can literally feel.”
BluWavs can support LPCM, DTS-HD Master and Dolby TrueHD HD Audio via either multichannel pre-amp outputs or HDMI, depending on the model.
The A10 and AE10 work with an existing pre-amp-out receiver, while the D10 lets users add their own dedicated BluWavs pre-amp-out receiver and supports four HDMI sources. The DR10 is a D10 plus a pre-amp receiver.
They will ship Nov. 1. Pricing is as follows:
- BluWavs-A10 with Analog Blender: $1,295
- BluWavs-AE10 with Analog/EQ Blender: $1,695
- BluWavs-D10 with Digital 4-Way-HDMI Switch Blender: $1,695
- BluWavs-DR10 is D10 plus Receiver Blender: $2,595
- BluWavs-Headset-10 (additional BluWav headset): $795