New York - Two new versatile mounting solutions for tablets have reached the market.
has added a desktop stand to its line of iPad/tablet mounts that can double as a wall mount.
The new IPM-300 is a 360-degree rotating and tilting adjustable mobile stand with mounting arms that expand or contract to hold an iPad, Kindle or any tablet with up to a 9.7-inch screen. The mounting frame is open to all controls and connections.
Mounting holes on the stand are included to attach the IPM-300 to a desk, wall or any flat surface.
The IPM-300 is shipping now with a $79.99 suggested retail.
has gone a step further and is marketing a system that uses interchangeable elements to secure an iPad to almost any horizontal or vertical surface as well as in a vehicle.
Vogel's RingO Universal tablet mounting system starts with a protective case with a ring-shaped aluminum connector that attaches to a range of different support systems. Those systems include:
* a wall mount with 360-degree rotation;
* a portable flip stand with clickable angle settings that folds over the screen for protection while stowing or transporting;
* a table stand that rotates to portrait or landscape position;
* a car mount that securely fixes to a front seat headrest;
* a flex mount, a fully adjustable arm that mounts to a wall with full tilt and swivel; and
* an adhesive wall mount for when drilling is not appropriate, such as in boats, trailers or on a tiled kitchen surface.
Available immediately are a RingO Starter Pack ($69.99 suggested retail), includes case and wall mount; a Home Pack ($79.99), adds a table stand; Car Pack ($99.99), with case, table stand and car mount; Presenter Pack ($89.99), with case, tablet stand and flip stand; and an All-in-One Pack ($119), with holder, wall mount, tablet stand and car mount.
The flex mount will be available in the spring and the adhesive wall mount will ship by summer at prices to be announced.
Single SKUs of each system component will also be offered in the future.
In addition, Vogel's is offering a free app for the iPad that adds alarm clock and kitchen timer features. It is available
"With RingO, Vogel's brings our 37 years of experience in mounting televisions to the iPad. We have created a system that allows you to mount your iPad virtually everywhere you go," Albert Zeeman, Vogel's innovations and alliances VP, said in a statement.