DirecTV, Samsung and Circuit City announced a bundled HDTV equipment promotion, enabling Circuit City customers who purchase a Samsung HDTV to add a Samsung DirecTV HD satellite system for $199 — a $400 saving on the original price.
The promotion runs through through Jan. 31, 2004, and applies to eight Samsung HDTV monitors, including the following:
- The TXN 2775HF 27-inch flat-screen direct-view CRT HDTV monitor ($699)
- The TXN 3275HF 32-inch flat-screen direct-view CRT HDTV monitor ($899)
- The TXN 3075WHF 30W-inch flat-screen direct-view CRT HDTV monitor ($999)
- The HCN 4226W 42W-inch CRT HDTV rear-projection monitor ($1,399)
- The HCN 529W 52W-inch rear-projection HDTV with integrated DTV tuner ($2,199)
- The HLN 437W 43W-inch DLP HDTV rear-projection monitor ($3,499)
- The HLN 507W 50W-inch DLP HDTV rear-projection monitor ($3,999)
- The HLN 5039 50W-inch HDTV plasma-display monitor ($7,999)
"With seven national HD channels, HD is a top priority for DirecTV and we intend to remain a leader in stimulating growth in this new and developing technology," said Steve Cox, DirecTV sales distribution and customer acquisition executive VP. "By working with trusted consumer electronics companies like Circuit City and Samsung, it is now even easier and more affordable for consumers to purchase HD equipment and enhance their overall television viewing experience."
Ron Baime, senior VP of audio, video and technology at Circuit City, commented, The HD bundle between DirecTV and Samsung offers a great value for our customers, while providing a simple and superior solution."