Control4 released the OS2.8 version of its home-control operating system to add new security capabilities and new streaming-music capabilities.
With the update, the HC-250 and HC-800 multizone-audio controllers stream Pandora, Deezer and the CD-quality Tidal services, joining Rhapsody, Napster and TuneIn. The update also adds a consistent user interface across all streaming services, deeper programming control including thumbs up/down control, and ability to stream multiple favorite stations simultaneously to different rooms throughout the house. The update also adds native support for AirPlay-enabled devices to the HC-800 so that anyone can share music from iOS phones and tablets, and from computers running iTunes, to different zones throughout the home.
In security, the updated OS add multiple new features, including Mockupancy, which makes a house looked lived-in while occupants are away. Mockupancy remembers the daily routines of a household and plays back the routines while people are away. Mockupancy can coordinate lighting, shades, and even TV entertainment and music streaming to mimic normal household presence.
• More powerful drivers enabling dealers to integrate Control4 systems more easily with security panels from Honeywell, DSC, Interlogix, and Napco; the drivers automate more aspects of home security configuration;
• the ability to back up and retrieve Control4 smart-home configurations to and from the Cloud;
• a new user interface to arm or disarm a security system and get emergency help with a single tap directly on a touchscreen, TV remote, tablets or smartphone;
• a new iOS and Android user interface to manage smart locks;
• a new single interface with a consolidated view to simplify management of all security zones, including the ability to close a gate or a garage door with a single tap; and
• a new searchable event history that records security incidents to provide a sequenced look at activity.