Arlington, Va. - The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and Custom Electronics Designers and Installers Association will join forces to bring CEDIA Training sessions to the 2002 International CES, the two associations announced.
CEDIA will provide training sessions January 8-10 in five classrooms located in the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). CEDIA will maintain headquarters at the Flamingo Hilton during the show.
CEA said it has arranged a continuous loop shuttle for attendees between the Flamingo Hilton and the LVCC lobby to take CEDIA dealers from the show floor to the training programs and back.
Programs, which have been created for designers and installers of electronic systems for the home, will focus on custom installation and systems integration.
Attendees may choose from multiple sessions on home theater, home networking, essential technologies, whole-house systems and business management for custom designers and installers. CEDIA will also offer two of its professional certification prep courses - the installer level I and installer level II seminars, which offer the opportunity to take the professional certification exam for both installer levels.
CES attendees can purchase a package of three CEDIA education classes in any discipline they choose, or they can mix and match topics. CEDIA's CES training program consists of five circuits, with three classes in each circuit, plus the two all-day installer seminars and two CEDIA certification exams.
Training sessions will include the following:
* CEDIA Business Management Circuit - A run-through of the requisite knowledge and business-management skills needed to run an efficient, profitable custom installation company.
* CEDIA Essential Technologies Circuit - Three sessions to help installers stay as advanced as the products and installation technologies that emerge. Curriculum prepares installers for the CEDIA professional certification exam.
* CEDIA Home Networking Circuit - A circuit covering the essentials of system integration in home theater, wireless communications, multi-line in-home telecommunications, lighting control, security, AV distribution and home computing.
* CEDIA Home Theater Circuit - The home-theater circuit curriculum is designed to develop the skills necessary to maximize the performance of multi-channel AV installations. Individual courses focus on specific disciplines to maximize the attendees learning experience in the following areas: acoustics and space development, multi-channel audio and video-display technologies. From conceptualizing to calibration, this circuit offers answers for those just developing their theater-design or installation skills, as well as masters of home-cinema spaces.
* CEDIA Professional Certification Circuit - Two all-day prep courses and two certification exams. Each course and exam is priced separately.
* CEDIA Whole-House Circuit - A look at subsystems for whole-house audio, video, television, security and lighting. Attendees will learn how independent subsystems work and link together, with special emphasis on the importance of control and the user interfaces.
To attend these sessions, attendees have a choice of CEDIA registration passes which are outlined on the CES website. CEDIA pass purchasers have the option of upgrading their registration to include CES conference sessions for $150. For more information on CEDIA training pricing, please visit www.CESweb.org on or after August 15, 2001, or contact customer service at 703-907-7605 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .