Las Vegas – Brand Source recognized 17 Dealers of the Year and lauded vendors with its 2006 Supplier Awards during the buying group’s bi-annual convention and buy fair here last month.
The retail honorees, representing each of the buying group’s divisions, were selected by the membership for “excelling in the virtues of Brand Source and independent retailing.”
The winners were:
- Florida: Albers Appliance Sales & Service
- Great Plains: Brand Source TV & Appliance
- MARTA: Bill Smith, Inc.
- Michigan: Carl’s Appliance
- Mid America: Appliance One
- Midwest: Young’s Appliance
- North Atlantic: Top Furniture
- North Central: Naylor Electric
- Northwest: Puyallup Appliance and Mattress
- Pacific Rim: Friedman’s Appliance
- Pacific Southwest: Barrett’s Appliance
- Rocky Mountain: Nampa Appliance and TV
- South Atlantic: East Coast Appliance
- Southeast: Kincaid Service
- Southwest: Hess Furniture Co.
- Tri-State NE: Jeff’s Appliance
- Wisconsin: Lyle’s TV and Appliance
Vendor honorees, including Samsung, which was named Supplier of the Year, received their awards in individual ceremonies held at the recipients’ booths.
This year’s winners were:
- New Supplier of the Year: Hillsdale
- Advertising Partner of the Year: GE
- Most Responsive Supplier: Electrolux
- Supplier of the Year: Samsung
- New Initiatives Supplier of the Year: Whirlpool
- Technology Partner of the Year: J.G. Sullivan
In addition, Brand Source recognized the following individuals for Outstanding Individual Support: Kristin Anderson, Hitachi; Larry Furiani, Coaster; Mark Hecht, Whirlpool/Maytag; David Huerta, Expert Care; Avery King, Brand Source marketing; Karl Mena, Expert Protection; Steve Parker, Expert Apparel; Randy Warner, Electrolux; and Sandra Whittemore, Expert Warehouse.