“CES Asia is the only event on the continent that brings the entire consumer technology ecosystem together to better our future,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association (CTA), in his opening day keynote address. “Globally, we stand at the precipice of great change, and we must embrace opportunities – like this event – to unite around our shared promise of the future.”
CES Asia is in its fifth year with major brands and over 115 startups showcasing their innovations for the Asian consumer technology industry marketplace at the Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC).
Highlights from CES Asia 2019:
- Audi – Audi announced to triple its local R&D capacity with a lighthouse project and premiered its next generation Audi Connect to provide a smartphone-like user experience.
- Beijing Visual World Technology Co. – The company launched its fifth-generation robotic vacuum cleaner, which has the latest 3D-vision navigation technology, at CES Asia 2019.
- Honda – Honda discussed Honda Xcelerator, a Honda-funded incubator that is working with over 100 Chinese startups.
- Hozon – Hozon launched a new, SUV-like car named “U,” which was produced based around an intelligent cockpit and intelligent driving, as well as Hozon’s own intelligence competence.
- Hyundai – Hyundai stressed its three strategic pillars – clean mobility, connected Mobility and freedom in mobility as it accelerates the development of its various next-gen technologies.
- iFLYTEK – iFLYTEK introduced its latest C-terminal product, the iFLYTEK Translator 3.0, the iFLYTEK Intelligent Recording Pen, the upgraded system iFLYOS 2.0 featuring the Internet of Things, and related applications for smart vehicles. They also announced three new products which won 2019 CES Asia Innovation Awards.
- Inceptio – Inceptio announced its plan for the company’s L3 autonomous driving systems for trucks to enter into mass production in partnership with other industries and broad distribution nationally.
- JD Digits – JD Digits released three new products of intelligent robots — Intelligent Delivery Robot, Track Inspection Robot and Intelligent Wearable Bionic Hand.
- (R.E.A.D.) and “V-Touch” – a world-first virtual touch-type gesture control technology, as well its future EV concept “Habaniro”.
- Roboteam Home Technology – The company announced that its multi-purpose home intelligent robot, Temi, will officially enter the mainland China market in the second half of this year.
- Shadow Creator Information Technology Co., Ltd. – Shadow Creator released new MR glasses “JIMO,” which boasts a 55-degree field of view with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 clip.
- Suning – Suning shared its latest technology in retail empowerment, combining retail cloud and unmanned BIU stores with strategic internal management and 5G.