I asked our web editor Doug Olenick the other day to provide me with lists of the top stories and blogs that you, our readers, clicked on the most during this calendar year. (We’re letting Warren Mann’s “Vodka” blog in because most of the traffic it received was during 2007.)
2007 was eventful for the industry, as you can see by the stories listed below. It was also an eventful year for TWICE.com. Thanks to the redesign of our site in late 2006 by our parent company, Reed Business Information, and its web development group, we have been able to add more interactive features for you than ever before.
We began producing our own videos and later on began to post and link to videos from other Web sites that we thought were important. We have been able to put a photo gallery on our site, to enable you to see the many events and stories we cover. Dave Graveline, host of the weekly syndicated technology radio program “Into Tomorrow” began to provide us with podcasts. There is a Talkback feature for you to provide you comments on everything we post on TWICE.com and, believe me, the industry and the editors of TWICE have heard your voices loud and clear.
And our editorial staff, interest industry executives and freelance journalists who we know began blogs on TWICE.com. While certainly not a substitute for our daily news coverage, blogs, at best, can provide the story behind the story … and maybe be a little entertaining too.
You can’t stand still on the Web. For 2008 we will have a few more tweaks and surprises in store, especially when we go to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks for International CES. In the meantime, take a look at the lists below and see if you agree or disagree with the findings. I’m sure we’ll hear from you.
Top 10 Stories on TWICE.com for 2007 as determined by reader story views.
1. 70 HD DVD Title Releases Slated – Originally posted on March 29
2. CompUSA Overhauling Operations – Originally posted on Feb. 23
3. Mattel Launching ‘Barbie Girls’ MP3 Player – Originally posted on April 27
4. CyberHome DVD Recorders Seized – Originally posted on June 15
5. Warner Remains Loyal To Dual HD Formats – Originally posted on Sept. 12
6. Tweeter Closing 49 Locations In Restructuring – Originally posted on March 22
7. Samsung Bows Holiday TVs – Originally posted on July 11
8. Supreme Court Ruling Could Raise CE Prices – Originally posted on July 28
9. Best Buy, Kmart Reveal Black Friday Plans – Originally posted on Nov. 20
10. Sony Unveils Bravia, XBR HDTVs – Originally posted on June 7
Top 5 Blogs on TWICE.com For 2007
1. I Want My Downloadable Movies By Doug Olenick-Posted on Jan. 5
2. Putting e-books On The Scale – By Colleen Bohen - Posted Jan. 12
3. 40th CES Shows Industry’s Growth – By Gary Shapiro - Posted on Jan. 8
4. Lessons Learned From Vodka – By Warren Mann - Posted Dec. 18, 2006
5. Flat Panel Price Check Up At Costco – By Steve Smith - Posted June 5