In light of social distancing and travel restrictions, the Z-Wave Alliance announces a new webinar series hosted by its members to offer education, training, and insight around hot topics in Z-Wave and the larger smart home and IoT ecosystem.
Austin, TX — May 22, 2020, 9:00am ET – The Z-Wave Alliance, a global membership organization dedicated to advancing the popular Z-Wave wireless smart home protocol, today announces its new Virtual Academy, consisting of online training and education sessions for smart home and IoT industry professionals.
The webinars, hosted by various Alliance member companies, will cover a wide range of topics and perspectives, from manufacturing best practices during a pandemic, to technical deep-dives for developers on the Z-Wave 700 Platform, to product-specific education from members for integrators, dealers, and others.
The 30-45-minute sessions will be held via Zoom, starting May 27, 2020, and run through August, on Wednesdays beginning at 9:00am PT/12:00pm ET. Attendees can register on the Z-Wave Alliance website and links to each session will be shared with participants after their registration is complete. The schedule will be updated regularly as the series progresses, but will begin with the following two sessions:
- May 27, 2020 – 9 AM PT/12 PM ET — “Manufacturing During a Global Pandemic: Insight & Strategy from Companies Who Are Coping”
- Description: Avi Rosenthal of Bluesalve Partners, who brings deep knowledge of the manufacturing and product development process, leads this session exploring how smart home an IoT manufacturers and supply chain systems are affected by the current global pandemic, how companies are coping, and strategies on how to move forward.
- Participants can register here.
- June 3, 2020 – 9 AM PT/12 PM ET — “Social Distance Sales for Uncertain Times: Tips & Insight for Integrators”
- Description: Jeremy McLerran of Qolsys discusses strategies for integrators to use to sell and service customers in the time of social distancing. He will discuss process flows, best practices for “White Glove” and “Light Glove” installs, and how to leverage software and the cloud to install and support new and existing customers. Attendees will learn to self-install using Qolsys IQ Panel’s on-screen wizard, powerful Z-Wave and sensor diagnostics, and remote support via Alarm.com, as well as strategies for end-users to install their own systems.
- Participants can register here.
Additional presenting members include Silicon Labs, Salto Systems, Leedarson, and many more to come.
The Webinar Wednesday schedule will be updated regularly on the Alliance website. To register for the webinars, please visit the Z-Wave Alliance website. Follow the Z-Wave Alliance on Facebook, Twitter and on LinkedIn for the latest updates.
Z-Wave® technology is an open internationally recognized ITU standard (G.9959). It is the leading wireless home control technology in the market today, with over 3,300 certified interoperable products worldwide. Represented by the Z-Wave Alliance and supported by more than 700 companies around the world, the standard is a key enabler of smart living solutions for home safety and security, energy, hospitality, office and light commercial applications.
Z-Wave® is a registered trademark of Silicon Labs and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
About the Z-Wave Alliance
Formed in January 2005, the Z-Wave Alliance is a consortium of over 700 leading companies in the home technology space dedicated to solidifying Z-Wave as the standard for wireless smart home products. The principal members include: ADT, Alarm.com, ASSA ABLOY, Huawei, Ingersoll Rand Nexia Intelligence, Jasco Products, Leedarson, LG Uplus, Nortek Security & Control, Ring, Silicon Labs, SmartThings, and Vivint Smart Home. Alliance members lead the home controls market, providing leading edge products and systems that deliver increased comfort, convenience, energy conservation, safety and security.