Amazon takes seat at the head of the table; assumes role of Chairman of the Z-Wave Alliance Board of Directors
Beaverton, OR – December 5, 2022 – The Z-Wave Alliance, the Standards Development Organization (SDO) dedicated to advancing the smart home and Z-Wave® technology, today announces the newly elected Z-Wave Alliance Board of Directors. Effective immediately, the updated roster of roles and representatives from across the connected home and IoT industry is as follows:
- Chairman of the Board – Jonathan Adams, Amazon
- Vice Chairman of the Board – John E Osborne II, LEXI Devices
- Treasurer – Kevin Kraus, ASSA ABLOY
- Secretary – Avi Rosenthal, bluesalve partners
- Executive Director – Mitch Klein, Silicon Labs
- Director – Jennifer Doctor, Johnson Controls Inc.
- Director – Stephen Haynes, Vivint
- Director – Andrew Weir, ADT
- Director – Gustaf Lonaeus, Alarm.com
- Director – James Wang, LEEDARSON
- Chair Emeritus – Jacob Alamat, Silicon Labs
The past two years has driven impressive growth in the smart home industry. Data is showing that 55% of U.S. adults or 110 million people now own one or more smart home device(s). Z-Wave has experienced this first-hand with milestones such as the availability of the Z-Wave Long Range (LR) certification, achieving 4100 certified Z-Wave devices, and witnessing 90 million new devices enter the market since 2020.
Conversations concerning standards and protocols are at an all-time high. Amongst talk of one of the most anticipated new developments in the IoT, the Z-Wave Alliance proudly seats Jonathan Adams, a young and emerging technology leader at Amazon at the head of the organization. Furthermore, the Alliance continues to benefit from the knowledge and expertise from the collective board, which includes leaders who are founding participants of Project CHIP and who currently hold chaired positions within both the Thread Group and the Connectivity Standards Alliance.
“Recently, the universally sourced, industry-rallying battle-cry has been that of interoperability,” said Mitch Klein, Executive Director of the Z-Wave Alliance. “No other organization has as much experience at the helm as the Z-Wave Alliance, which has operated with interoperability as a core value for the past two decades. If the freshly elected Z-Wave Board of Directors proves anything, it is that industry leaders and trend setters echo our sentiment and see the future of Z-Wave as bright and opportunistic.”
Across the entire group, the Z-Wave Alliance Board of Directors features top leadership from companies at the forefront of IoT. Newly elected members bring fresh perspective, new ideas, and instantly add their background to the board’s decades of combined experience.
For more information on the Z-Wave Alliance Board of Directors, please visit https://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-board-of-directors/
For more information about the Z-Wave Alliance, please visit http://z-wavealliance.org.
About the Z-Wave Alliance
The Z-Wave Alliance is a standards development organization dedicated to developing and advancing Z-Wave® technology as an open and internationally recognized ITU standard (G.9959) for smart home and IoT solutions. Alliance members lead the home controls market, providing leading edge products and systems that deliver increased comfort, convenience, energy conservation, safety, and security. Z-Wave® is a registered trademark of the Z-Wave Alliance.
Z-Wave Alliance Press Contact:
Caster Communications, Inc.
- Z-Wave Alliance Announces Z-Wave Source Code Project is Complete, Now Open and Widely Available to Members - December 14, 2022
- Hunter Douglas Debuts Silhouette Halo Shadings, Luminette Privacy Sheers Updates - December 6, 2022
- Z-Wave Alliance Announces New Board of Directors for 2023 - December 5, 2022