NEWERTECH ANNOUNCES HDMI HEADLESS VIDEO ACCELERATOR — ELIMINATES LAG TIME FOR DISPLAY, VIDEO & MOUSE
VIA REMOTE ACCESS http://www.thomas-pr.com/newertech/newertechhdmirelease.html
Activates Full GPU/Video Performance on Apple Mac Minis without an Attached Video Display — Makes Mac mini Think a Display is Attached
For Mac mini Display-Free “Headless” Units Used Remotely as
Networking, Storage, Media, & Home Theater Servers
November 10, 2015, Woodstock, IL — NewerTech www.newertech.com, a leading performance upgrades and accessories company for Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, and iPods since 1984, announced today the NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator, a simple adapter that plugs into the Mac mini’s HDMI display port to make display-free “headless” Mac minis used as storage and media servers think that there is a display attached. Using the NewerTech adapter, video drivers are loaded and the GPU (graphics processing unit) is fully activated for 100% full video performance with no more choppy images or mouse lags.
Plug It In & Restore Video Performance
Because of the Mac mini’s compact size, superior storage, performance, and low cost, they are often used as “headless” networking, storage, production studio media, and home theater servers with no need for a monitor, keyboard or mouse. When the Mac mini is used without a monitor, its GPU isn’t used. As a result, the interface lags, resulting in choppy screens and slow video, animation, cursor movements, menu navigation, and typing. Plugging the NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator into the HDMI port of the Mac mini solves this problem, engaging the GPU so your remote interface works exactly how you’d expect.
“In the past, when using the Mac mini as a server, the best option was just to grin and bear the slow video performance whenever you needed to remotely access your mini, which is an entirely inadequate experience,” said Larry O’Connor, President, NewerTech. “With the NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator, the Mac mini thinks there is a display attached, so you’re back to the 100% silky smooth OS X experience you know and love.”
NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator Specs:
• Designed to the highest standards.
• Includes proper shielding to prevent unwanted interference.
• Works with: Mac mini Mid 2010 (Macmini4,1), Mac mini Mid 2011 (Macmini5,1 / Macmini5,2 / Macmini5,3), Mac mini Late 2012 (Macmini6,1 / Macmini6,2), Mac mini Late 2014 (Macmini7,1)
• Interface: HDMI.
• Maximum Resolution: 1080p.
• Driver: not required.
• Required Software: OS X 10.6.8 or later.
• Dimensions when plugged in: .25”(h) x .68”(w) x .58”(l).
• Weight: .2 oz.
• Warranty: 3 Year NewerTech Product Limited Warranty.
Availability & Pricing
The NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator is available immediately priced at $19.50 through Other World Computing at: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/ADP4KHEAD/ and major retailers. For more information and purchase, see http://www.newertech.com/products/hdmi_headless_video_adapter.php, website: www.newertech.com.
NewerTech Inc. creates performance upgrades and accessories for Macintosh and PC computers, iPods, iPhones, and iPads, and is headquartered in Woodstock, Illinois. Dealer inquiries are welcome at 1-815-308-7001 or by e-mailing [email protected]. For more information, see our website: www.newertech.com, or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NewerTech and
NewerTech’s Industry Awards Include:
– Best in Biz Bronze Award for Most Innovative Consumer Product of the Year, 2014
– CustomerRetailer EXC!TE Award (2012)
– American Business Award “People’s Choice” Stevie® Award (2012)
– Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Seal of Approval
– American Business Awards “Stevie” Gold (2013) and Silver (2014)
– Handyman Club of America Seal of Approval
Photos NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator:
NewerTech Logo: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/newertechlogo.html
Karen Thomas/Eva Yutani
(631) 549-7575 Emails: [email protected][email protected]
© 2015 Newer Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. NewerTechnology, NewerTech, and the NewerTechnology boomerang logo are trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Kensington is a trademark of ACCO Brands Corporation. Apple, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, MacBook Pro, Retina and FireWire are the trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their respective owners.
- NewerTech Offers NuGuard KX Protective Cases for iPhone 8 & 8 Plus – Built to Survive Life with Lifetime-Replacement Guarantee – KX Cases Provide State-of-the-Art Military X-Orbing Technology - October 12, 2017
- Macsales.com Introduces 2.0TB OWC Aura Pro SSD – One of the Fastest Internal SSDs Available – Extends Life of MacBook Pro Retina - June 27, 2017
- OWC/NewerTech Father’s Day Gift Ideas for the Digital Dad – Mac/Smartphone/Tablet Storage & Accessories - June 1, 2017