LOS ANGELES, Calif. October 24 -, 2014 -Massive Audio® Inc. today announces their first licensing deal with BBC Worldwide North America for the production of Doctor Who audio products in North America. The deal includes a collection of wireless Bluetooth speakers to be released later this year. The speakers are ready to pre-order now at http://shop.massiveaudio.com/collections/doctor-who.
These high-quality, innovative speakers will appeal to fans of the hit BBC AMERICA sci-fi series and tech aficionados everywhere. The first collection features an 8” TARDIS (the Doctor’s space and time machine) wireless Bluetooth speaker as well as two different versions of a Dalek (one of the Doctor’s oldest foes) speaker: Assault Dalek and Dalek Sec . Each model features an array of on-board controls, flashing LED’s and audio clips taken from the actual show.
“As longtime fans of Doctor Who, my team is very excited about this project,” said Jeremy Larsson, Director of Operations for Massive Audio. “We look forward to utilizing our extensive audio engineering background to create these high caliber speakers.”
The company is now accepting pre-orders on its website www.massiveaudio.com at the end of October to catch the high demand for the holiday season. Additionally Massive Audio will be rolling out Doctor Who -themed Bluetooth and wired headphones around the same time and promise more information soon.
About the products:
TARDIS: Model MT40 ~ MSRP of $119.98
Dalek Sec: Model MDBLK ~ MSRP of $119.98
Assault Dalek: Model MDBRZ ~ MSRP of $149.98 “Includes bonus interchangeable appendage*Combo packs will also be available that include even more appendages and bonus gifts.
All units feature:
- TARDIS: Six sound clips such as ‘Materialize’ and ‘Cloister Bell’ to indicate functions
- Dalek’s: Six sound clips such as “Exterminate” and ‘Gun blast’ to indicate functions
- TARDIS: LED indicators on top lamp and inner control counsel
- Dalek’s: LED indicators on antennae and eye stalk
- Bluetooth Connection with 33’ range
- Linking capabilities for multiple TARDIS and Dalek surround sound applications
- Auxiliary input for direct connection
- Built in omni-directional microphone for phone calls with noise cancelation
- Multi-Function interface for Volume / Play / Pause / Fast Forward / Rewind / Phone / Power
- Built-in noise rejection circuitry
- USB rechargeable lithium-ion battery with 10 hour life
- Battery indicator display / voice battery low indicator
- Includes USB and 3.5mm auxiliary cables
About BBC Worldwide North America
BBC Worldwide North America is part of BBC Worldwide, the main commercial arm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). In the U.S. and Canada the company operates cable channels, BBC Worldwide Productions, BBC Consumer Products, BBC.com and BBC Worldwide Sales & Co-productions. Under these businesses fall two key brands in the U.S. – digital cable channel BBC AMERICA with programs Doctor Who, Top Gear and Orphan Black, as well as smash hit Dancing with the Stars made by BBC Worldwide Productions.
About Massive Audio
Since 1999 Massive Audio® has been an industry leader in high performance audio products. Massive Audio laid its roots in high quality audio reproduction through in-house engineering and a dedication to customer satisfaction. In today’s industry, aftermarket products need to excel not only in their ability to reproduce the dynamics of music accurately, but also their ability to integrate within the confines of the modern environment. In anticipation of such needs, Massive Audio has introduced an array of outstanding products designed for the enthusiast who will accept no compromise, yet recognizes true value.
Massive Audio Press Contact