CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — May 10, 2016 — Cobalt Digital today announced updates and additions to the popular Blue Box Group(TM) (BBG) family of fiber-interface converter boxes.
MK2 is the second generation of fiber optic BBG units. MK2 supports Cobalt’s BBGConfig software for setup and status-monitoring over USB and includes the following throwdown fiber-conversion products:
– BBG-EO-MK2 Single 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transmit
– BBG-OE-MK2 Single 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Receive
– BBG-2EO-MK2 Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transmit
– BBG-2OE-MK2 Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Receive
– BBG-EOOE-MK2 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transceiver
– BBG-H-TO-F HDMI 1.4 or DVI to SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M SDI and SMPTE 297 Fiber-Optic Converter
Another new addition is the BBG-SFP-SXH reconfigurable video SFP throwdown box. This BBG unit has a 3G/HD/SD-SDI-selectable input or output with external SFP cage and HDMI and stereo analog audio output. A range of SFPs will be available for this box, making it a platform with maximum flexibility. Like all of the other new fiber BBG converters, the BBG-SFP-SXH supports the Cobalt BBGConfig application.
“The mini-converters in our Blue Box Group series already offered high-quality design, function, and reliability in a small package,” said Bob McAlpine, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Cobalt Digital. “Now, with MK2 and the SFP box, we’ve brought this family of throwdown converters and processors to a new level of flexibility and functionality.”
More information about Cobalt Digital and its products is available at www.cobaltdigital.com.
# # #
About Cobalt Digital
Cobalt Digital Inc. designs and manufactures award-winning 3G/HD/SD conversion, terminal, throwdown, and multiviewer technology for the broadcast television environment. As a founding partner in the openGear(R) initiative, Cobalt offers a full range of openGear video and audio processing card solutions for applications such as closed-caption compliance monitoring, OB production, master control, HD news production, signal transport, audio loudness, and color correction. Cobalt’s Blue Box Group(TM) line of interface converter boxes streamlines and simplifies a wide range of 3G/HD/SD conversion and signal transport tasks. The company’s multi-image display processors enable multiviewer capabilities in the most demanding studio and remote broadcasting environments. Distributed through a worldwide network of dealers, system integrators, and other partners, Cobalt Digital products are backed with a five-year warranty. More information is available at www.cobaltdigital.com.
- Artel Video Systems Partners with Ward-Beck for Audio-Over-IP Demonstration at the 2018 NAB Show - March 28, 2018
- Luxul to Exhibit Full Line-Up of Routers, Switches, APs, and Wireless Controllers at ISC West 2018 - March 28, 2018
- RTI Releases Complete Line of A/V Distribution Solutions - March 28, 2018