BOSTON - Brightcove Inc.<https://www.brightcove.com/en> (NASDAQ: BCOV), the leading provider of cloud services for video, today announced Brightcove Lift<http://go.brightcove.com/lift>, the company’s ad optimization solution, which enables publishers, broadcasters, OTT providers, and other media companies to maximize video ad delivery and video ad revenue across mobile and desktop. Combining server-side ad insertion (SSAI) and the industry’s leading HTML5 player management service, Brightcove Lift defeats ad blockers while delivering seamless TV-like ad experiences for viewers, client-side interactivity, and integration with the industry’s leading providers for reporting and analytics.
Benefits of Brightcove Lift
Millennial audiences are proving to be especially challenging for ad supported video businesses with their high rates of mobile consumption and ad blocker usage which compromise ad delivery and result in lost revenue. Media companies using Brightcove Lift, however, have seen video ads delivered per video start increase by as much as 50%. These groundbreaking results demonstrate the solution’s ability to mitigate ad blocker technology, maximize ad inventory, and drive meaningful revenue lift. Brightcove Lift allows media companies to:
● Circumvent ad blockers - By dynamically stitching ads into content streams in the cloud, Brightcove Lift enables higher ad delivery and revenue across platforms. Publishers are able to deliver their preferred ad load through dynamic ad insertion in the cloud.
● Work with their preferred ad server - Brightcove Lift is integrated to deliver advertising from ad servers such as DFP, Freewheel, SpotX, and LiveRail as well as required measurement from the leading analytics providers. Lift is compatible with the IAB VAST specification.
● Enable mid-roll ads - Server-side ad insertion also enables content owners to maximize ad inventory and monetization opportunities by seamlessly delivering mid-roll ads across platforms.
● Deliver a TV-like ad-supported experience - Brightcove Lift enables a seamless viewing experience by minimizing ad error rates and breakage, and optimizing streams for playback. The result is a linear broadcast-quality video experience that keeps viewers engaged with the content by minimizing buffering between video content and video ads.
● Maintain client-side interactivity - In combination with server-side ad insertion, client-side interactivity allows publishers to deliver interactive features such as scrubber blocking, mid-roll ad break enforcement, click-through tracking, and companion ads.
Customer Performance Optimizations at Vox Media Vox Media, one of fastest growing media companies and home to premium brands such as The Verge, Vox.com, Eater, and SB Nation, selected Brightcove Lift.
“At Vox Media, providing a high quality audience experience is very important to all of our brands. When it comes to mobile video capabilities on our web properties, fast and smooth playback is our priority. With our previous OVP, we faced severe issues on Android ranging from slow video load times to complete playback failure. As a result, we chose to turn off ad delivery in an attempt to preserve user experience,” said Brendan Murphy, Product Manager, Video, at Vox Media. “With Brightcove Lift, we've seen significantly improved quality and consistency in the video playback experience across mobile devices which allowed us to re-enable ad delivery. Today, Brightcove is powering the majority of Vox Media’s online properties on mobile. Using Brightcove Lift, we are able to deliver a rich mobile ad experience without compromising user experience.”
Pricing and Availability
Brightcove Lift is available immediately. Companies interested in testing ad delivery with Brightcove Lift should visit http://go.brightcove.com/lift.
Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOV) is the leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across connected devices. The company offers a full suite of products and services that reduce the cost and complexity associated with publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing video across devices. Brightcove has more than 5,000 customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company’s cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. To learn more, visit www.brightcove.com<http://www.brightcove.com>.