MONTREAL — May 31, 2016 — X2O Media, a Barco company, will demonstrate how the X2O visual communications platform empowers employees in the digital workplace at IABC World Conference, June 5-8 in New Orleans. On display will be its new Connected Desktop application that connects employees with business-critical information on the screen they use most often — their computer, making every screen in the organization a powerful communications device. In addition, Vern Freedlander, Vice President of Production, will present a session on best practices for successful employee engagement using highly visual, data-driven communication tools.
The Connected Desktop extends the power of the X2O platform by allowing users to browse and view any channel on the X2O network, where channels featuring data-driven graphics, video, social media content, and more can be displayed as floating windows on the desktop or used as screensavers. In addition, widgets containing bite-sized amounts of real-time information can be pinned to the desktop for continuous updates. Targeted pop-up notifications can be sent to teams, while alerts that display security or safety announcements can be sent across the network.
Designed to deliver real-time visual communications to the right audience, at the right time, on the right device, the X2O platform transforms enterprises into digital workplaces by providing employees tools to create, distribute, and view dynamic visual channels. The X2O platform easily manages and delivers media-rich content in a number of solution areas, including:
* The Connected Desktop enables users to view and interact with data-driven channels and widgets directly from their desktops or laptops via the Connected Desktop application. Specific use cases include company news channels, business intelligence dashboards, interactive polls, and live alerts.
* The Connected Workplace promotes communications in real-time through connected screens and devices found throughout a facility such as digital signage, interactive touchscreens, and video walls.
* The Connected Workforce enables organizations to share real-time content with a global community of connected users and remote workers through mobile devices, cross-campus digital signage networks, and online communication tools. This means companies can maintain up-to-date communications across entire workforces, regardless of location.
On Monday, June 6 from 3:15 p.m. – 3:35 p.m. in the exhibit hall, Freedlander will present “Innovate, Engage, Succeed: Elevating Employee Engagement in the Digital Workplace.” The session will discuss how shifting employee demographics, varying technology utilization, and the ubiquity of big data create obstacles for employee engagement. He will outline strategies that leverage the power of visual communications technology, allowing organizations to overcome those challenges.
X2O Media’s enterprise communications solutions will be on display in booth 105 at IABC World Conference. More information is available at www.x2omedia.com.
# # #
About X2O Media
X2O Media is a leading software developer of real-time visual communications solutions that significantly improve communications throughout the enterprise. X2O’s solutions facilitate the creation and delivery of video and graphics-rich content to digital displays, employee desktops, and mobile devices. Applications include corporate news channels, dynamic corporate dashboards, real-time emergency messaging, and more. X2O joined Barco in March 2014.
Barco, a global technology company, designs and develops networked visualization products for the Entertainment, Enterprise, and Healthcare markets. Barco has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D, and Manufacturing in Europe, North America, and APAC. Barco (NYSE Euronext Brussels: BAR) is active in more than 90 countries with 3,300 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of 1.029 billion euros in 2015.
© Copyright 2016 by Barco
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Visit X2O Media in Booth 105 at IABC World Conference, June 5-8 in New Orleans
- Artel Video Systems Partners with Ward-Beck for Audio-Over-IP Demonstration at the 2018 NAB Show - March 28, 2018
- Luxul to Exhibit Full Line-Up of Routers, Switches, APs, and Wireless Controllers at ISC West 2018 - March 28, 2018
- RTI Releases Complete Line of A/V Distribution Solutions - March 28, 2018