Norwood, MA – February 18, 2019 – Atlantic Technology is now shipping its much anticipated new flagship SBT Series subwoofers previewed at CEDIA 2018, expanding their extensive range of in-room subwoofers to suit higher-performance large room two-channel or home-theater systems. Two models are available, the 500-watt powered dual 10-inch SBT-500 and 1,000-watt dual 12-inch powered SBT-1000. With MSRP at $1,799 and $2,499 respectively, both are shipping to dealers now. Available finishes include black satin or high-gloss.
The SBT Series extend Atlantic’s legacy for designing great sounding subwoofers for music and home-theater, delivering power and impact with deep bass articulation that doesn’t sacrifice sound-track nuances or musical detail. Each utilizes the latest in technology and finest components available.
Featured are dual long-throw composite cone drivers, each with a vented motor structure and high-temperature, 2-inch, 4-layer voice coil, and driven by patented Audera Class LH™ high-efficiency linear hybrid amplifiers. The amps’ high-current capabilities contribute to exceptional driver control and headroom while ensuring cool and reliable operation. A continuous adjustable 40 Hz to 140 Hz, 24dB per octave low pass crossover assures finely-tuned blending with other speakers ranging from high-performance towers to satellites.
“Atlantic Technology’s subwoofers never fall into the ‘one-note bass boom’ trap common in conventional subs,” says Paul Fredrickson, Business Development Director at Muto Communications, Atlantic Technology’s PR firm. “Instead of typical ‘compressor-limiter’ distortion-reduction, Atlantic employs its Clear Filter Technology (or CFT) circuitry. This greatly enhances articulation and detail of instrumentation, vocals and special effects in upper bass and lower mid-range by reducing resonance colorations inherent to subwoofer enclosures in these octaves. That’s why other subwoofers, regardless of their power ratings, can’t match the sound of an Atlantic subwoofer for detail and musical accuracy.”
“This is Atlantic Technology’s first use of dual-drivers in their subwoofers which loudspeaker enthusiasts immediately recognize is aimed at delivering thunderous sound,” furthered Fredrickson. “At the subs’ unveiling at CEDIA Expo, we garnered much interest from dealers and press with many requests for review. We are delighted with the positive feedback and confident that Atlantic Technology has another winner on their hands. This is extremely satisfying given the company is entering its forth decade, having long been recognized as one of the first home theater loudspeaker brands, and still raising the bar for performance today.”
Features and Benefits
· Dual long-throw composite cone bass drivers, each with a vented motor structure and high temperature, 2-inch, 4-layer voice coil. This driver design has a very stiff cone that acts like a piston through its operating range. Its massive magnetic motor assembly and high temperature component parts deliver exceptional power, performance and reliability.
· Ported bass-alignment with a robust braced MDF enclosure. This delivers low distortion, superior transient response and extended deep bass output, resulting in Atlantic’s renowned accurate musical bass reproduction with wide dynamic range for stunning special effects.
· High-efficiency 500 and 1000 watt amplifiers. The Audera Class LH™ output stages are capable of very high current delivery for exceptional driver control and headroom while ensuring cool, reliable operation. Each amplifier is precision matched and equalized to its specific driver resulting in powerful, controlled bass with great articulation and authority.
· Volume control. Sets the subwoofer’s overall output to match the sound level to integrate with the rest of the audio system.
· Continuous Adjustable 40 Hz to 140 Hz, 24dB per octave low pass crossover. The steep 24dB per octave slope allows for much better blending with the satellite speakers while making the woofer less localizable.
· Low Pass/Bypass Switch. The Low Pass setting sets the upper frequency limit of the subwoofer with the sub’s adjustable crossover control. A Bypass setting is for processors and receivers with their own crossovers and low-pass outputs.
· EQ Switch. The Max SPL position provides stronger overall output with restricted deep bass output. The Max Range position provides deeper bass extension with restricted maximum overall output.
· Absolute Phase Invert Switch. This switches between normal or inverted phase to allow better acoustic matching and blending with satellite speaker systems. This switch also allows you to compensate for unusual room acoustics that occur when the woofer is physically separated from the main speakers by a significant distance.
· Choice of Line In and XLR inputs. Connect mono or stereo signals to line or XLR inputs for better rejection of hum and noise over longer cable runs for more flexible sub placement in larger rooms.
· Main Power/Automatic standby. The three position power switch (on/off/standby) gives users operational flexibility. Automatic standby senses a signal presence to turn the subwoofer on. It automatically turns back to standby with a 7 to 10 minute delay when no signal is present.
· LED Status Indicators: The multi-color power indicator LED located on the amplifier panel glows green when on, yellow in standby and red when off.
· 110-120/220-240V (50/60Hz) Input Voltage Switch. Allows for international use with industry standard user detachable cables connecting to the sub’s IEC-320-13 power input socket.
For more information on the subs visit www.atlantictechnology.com or call 781.762.6300.
About Atlantic Technology
From its inception in 1989, Atlantic Technology’s mission has been to produce home entertainment products that exemplify the very best in both performance and value. The company specializes in high-performance loudspeaker systems for music, home theater, and custom audio/video installation. For more information on Atlantic Technology and its many fine products for home theater and custom audio/video installation, visit www.atlantictechnology.com or call 781.762.6300.