Walmart will begin a two-month-long holiday blitz this Sunday that includes the first wave of seasonal discounts and a new in-store pick-up feature for its mobile app.
Nov. 1 tech sales will include:
* Apple iPad Mini 2 16GB Wi-Fi for $199, from $268;
* RCA 48-inch 1080p LED smart TV for $300, from $320 (online only);
* Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S3 S968C prepaid smartphone (white) for $99, from $179 (online only).
For the mobile-inclined, the retailer’s app now lets customers place orders online and, as they approach a store, respond to a check-in alert to have the item readied for in-store pickup.
Shoppers can also use the app to create a wish list by scanning desired in-store items.
The discounter said it expects the app to receive more than 210 million visits in November and December, up from 18 million in 2013, reflecting its integrated strategy for holiday and beyond.
“Our customers are looking for great deals no matter how they shop with us — whether in store, online or on their mobile device,” said Walmart.com president/CEO Fernando Madeira. “We’re building digital capabilities so it’s faster and easier for them to find the right items at the right prices, and get them delivered quickly to their door or to a store.”
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019