In response to the growing need of their employees, Target Corporation recently announced enhanced family care benefits for team members, including part-time and hourly, at their U.S. headquarters, stores and distribution centers. Originating at Target headquarters, the family care program is slated to extend to all employees in fall 2019, providing 20 total days of in-center childcare or in-home child- and eldercare.
“Retail workforces are unique in their mix of hourly and salaried positions, and one of our philosophies is to offer the same family-focused benefits to both hourly and salaried team members,”said Melissa Kremer, chief human resources (HR) officer in a statement.
New benefits include, and are not limited to:
- Expanded backup care for child or eldercare
- New paid family leave – extended time off to support new or adopted children, partner and ailing parent care
- Double adoption and surrogacy reimbursement
“We’ve taken a strong position on minimum starting wages, but that’s just one facet of our team member experience,” Kremer added. “Our team finds so much support here to grow their skills and careers, make a difference in their communities, and take care of themselves and their families—including benefits that we’re enhancing to be more relevant across a breadth of life stages.”
Target Corporation employs over 350,000 team members worldwide and operates 1,849 stores across the United States.
- Read The Day 1 Edition Of The 2022 CEDIA Expo Daily! - September 29, 2022
- Best Of Show At CEDIA 2022 Awards Nominations Deadline Extended! - September 21, 2022
- Best Of Show At CEDIA 2022 Awards Nominations Now Open - September 7, 2022