Independent We Stand is pleased to announce today’s launch of the sixth annual America’s Main Streets contest, “Road to Recovery.” The three-month long web-driven contest helps consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. Whether your local Main Street is making a comeback from the COVID-19 pandemic or never lost its staying power, Independent We Stand invites the public to help draw attention to the vital role America’s Main Streets play in the long-term success of communities by nominating and voting for their favorite Main Street.
“Independent We Stand wants to help locally owned businesses not just survive the pandemic, but thrive in their communities,” says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “After the massive nationwide shutdowns due to COVID, we recognize the pride business owners take in their Main Streets, and we want to help share those stories through our contest. It’s more important now than ever, to get behind these businesses with our support.”
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com beginning at 10 a.m. EST on Sept. 13.
- Sept. 13 to Nov. 7: Nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- Nov. 15 to Dec. 12: Semifinalist voting
- Dec. 20: America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announced
- Feb. 14: “Show Your Main Streets Some Love” event; America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL Dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Tmbr Flooring $500 shopping spree
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
Presenting Contest Sponsor:
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment*, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remain loyal to its 10,000+ authorized local STIHL Dealers nationwide.
Supporting Contest Sponsors:
- Do it Best Corp.
- Nationwide Marketing Group
- North American Hardware and Paint Association
- Tmbr Flooring