Recognizing the unique service challenges independent appliance dealers face, BrandSource has formed a new Service Committee to help address their needs.
“The goal,” said Jim Ristow, CEO of BrandSource parent AVB Inc. in a statement announcing the new committee, “is to ensure profitability for servicing dealers. The challenges are real, and BrandSource is proud to lead the way with real solutions.”
The committee consists of specially-selected servicing members who will work with manufacturers and fellow members to develop a profitable service model, beginning with pooling the best practices from the committee member’s own proven, sustainable business models.
Areas of focus by the new Service Committee will include:
- enhancing operational efficiencies to lower costs;
- receiving fair compensation for OEM warranty repairs;
- attracting, training and retaining talented servicers; and
- creating consumer awareness.
“Customers assume there is an ‘appliance god’ looking over them, and that is far from the truth,” Committee member Scott Bekins, president of Bekins, an appliance, repair and custom integration business. “Unlike the auto industry, where dealer service is mandatory, most appliances are sold today through non-servicing retailers, and those that still perform their own repairs are disappearing…The industry needs to recognize that service is how you build your brand, and our brand is everything.”
The Service Committee’s first face-to-face meeting takes place next month at BrandSource’s 2019 Convention, where additional details about the initiative will be announced. The annual show will mark AVB’s 50th anniversary and runs Aug. 24-27 at the Gaylord Texan in Dallas, TX. Convention registration for members is ongoing at the ABV Events webpage.
- TWICE, Residential Systems, And TechRadar Pro Announce Picks Awards Winners For CES 2023 - January 18, 2023
- Top 5 Stocking Stuffers And Last Minute Gifts For 2023 - December 16, 2022
- Entries Now Open For The TWICE Picks Awards At CES 2023! - December 9, 2022