Sony Electronics has revealed three new Native 4K HDR Home Cinema laser projectors, featuring what the company calls the world’s smallest Native 4K SXRD 0.61-inch panel (3840 x 2160), enabling a compact chassis design. New wide dynamic range optics in combination with Triluminous Pro algorithm deliver an unmatched 4K HDR experience on the large screen. Powered by Sony’s “X1 Ultimate for projector,” the picture processor based on technology used for its BRAVIA TV series and optimized for projectors, this processor enables unique features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Object-based Super Resolution to create expanded dynamic range and extreme clarity, heightening the viewing experience.
The new models are:
- The VPL-XW7000ES is Sony’s new Native 4K HDR laser model in the range, with 3200 lm and Live Color Enhancer that provides vivid images even in bright home living spaces. This model also features a new 70mm diameter Advanced Crisp Focused (ACF) lens with aspherical front element and floating focus group that delivers high clarity.
- The VPL-XW6000ES offers a bold, crisp entertainment experience with 2500 lm of brightness, generated by a long-lasting laser light source, for vibrant images even on a large screen. Available in either black or white, this model also features an all-new 0.61-inch SXRD panel for high brightness, inky blacks, vibrant colors, rich tones and textures, clear cinematic motion, and image smoothness. Utilizing Flagship-level X1 Ultimate for projector brings the best of Sony’s BRAVIA TV video processing for projection, resulting in high dynamic range imagery with texture, color, contrast, and realism.
- The VPL-XW5000ES addition to Sony’s Home Cinema lineup is a 2000 lm laser model that delivers high contrast and object-based HDR remastering for real-time picture processing. On the XW series, over a billion colors are brought to life by Triluminos Pro, which features the ability to display 95 percent of DCI-P3 Color Gamut.
The VPL-XW7000ES and the VPL-XW6000ES are both 20 percent smaller in size and 30 percent lighter in weight than the VPL-VW915ES, and the VPL-XW5000ES is 30 percent smaller in size and 35 percent lighter in weight than the VPL-VW915ES, making it the most compact Native 4K HDR home cinema laser projector in the world, according to Sony.
As with the models’ predecessors, these new projectors feature input lag reduction mode that improves the performance of the display reaction speed to ensure gamers can enjoy the best possible experience. The new XW range supports 2K 120 Hz input with 13ms input lag.
The new VPL-XW7000ES, VPL-XW6000ES and VPL-XW5000ES models are envisioned to serve as the next generation of 4K SXRD lamp, FHD SXRD lamp, 4K SXRD UST laser, and 4K SXRD laser Home Cinema projectors, excluding the GTZ380, which remains in the lineup.
- Native 4K SXRD panel — Each model offers 3840 x 2160 4K resolution images with 8.3 million pixels.
- Wide dynamic range optics —Within the new Native 4K SXRD panel, a reflective silicon layer provides better light control for precisely delivered shadows and blacks and improves light durability and reflectance.
- Dynamic HDR Enhancer — Due to the processing power of the X1 Ultimate for projector, the contrast in combination with the new laser output control on both models is further enhanced, making the HDR bright scenes brighter and the dark scenes darker. The newly launched object based HDR remaster allows for more powerful real-time picture processing that analyzes objects of each frame and makes for unmatched HDR imagery for any content.
Key features for XW7000ES
- Advanced crisp focus (ACF) lens — Crystal-clear clarity across the entire screen with a 70mm aspherical front lens that provides a wider 4K-level focus area so you see more of the picture, a floating focus system that delivers a higher stable image performance from corner to corner without distortion from short- to long-throw distance, and extra-low dispersion glass to reproduce the crisp image without color deviation.
- Live Color Enhancer — The XW7000ES is equipped with the newly-developed “Live Color Enhancer” that provides more vivid and vibrant images without compromising on saturation where needed (i.e., skin color).
The plastic used to encase the VPL-XW7000ES and the VPL-XW6000ES has been reduced by 30 percent, and packaging materials reduced by 15 percent. Both models are built with a mercury-free laser light source.
Pricing and Availability
- VPL-XW7000ES has a suggested retail price of $27,999.99 and is available to order summer 2022 at Sony Electronics, Amazon, Best Buy, and other authorized dealers. For a full list of specs and information or to buy from Sony Electronics directly, visit https://electronics.sony.com/tv-video/projectors/all-projectors/p/vplxw7000es.
- VPL-XW6000ES has a suggested retail price of $11,999.99 and is available to order summer 2022 at Sony Electronics, Amazon, Best Buy, and other authorized dealers. For a full list of specs and information or to buy from Sony Electronics directly, please visit https://electronics.sony.com/tv-video/projectors/all-projectors/p/vplxw6000es.
- VPL-XW5000ES has a suggested retail price of $5,999.99 and is available to order summer 2022 at Sony Electronics, Amazon, Best Buy, and other authorized dealers. For a full list of specs and information or to buy from Sony Electronics directly, please visit https://electronics.sony.com/tv-video/projectors/all-projectors/p/vplxw5000es.
This article originally appeared on residentialsystems.com.
See also: Epson EH-LS300 Ultra-Short-Throw Projector Review
- 8K Association Launches Content Awareness Campaign - March 20, 2023
- Integra Audio Inks Distribution Deal With Staub Electronics - March 15, 2023
- Monster Introduces DNA Portable Speakers - March 14, 2023