LG Electronics USA announced the debut of its 2022 LG CineBeam 4K laser projector (models HU715Q and HU710P), the company’s most advanced projectors to date. The new LG HU715Q Ultra Short Throw (UST) features technologies such as auto brightness and the ability to create a 100-inch image when placed 21.7 centimeters from the wall. The LG HU710P, an upgrade to its predecessor, delivers brighter images and deeper blacks courtesy of a wheel-less hybrid laser. The HU710P (SRP $2499) and HU715Q (SRP $2999) are available now at LG.com.
Both models are suitable for most indoor spaces and also look great in backyards after the sun has set. The LG HU715Q has been thoughtfully designed with a premium fabric cover courtesy of Danish textile company Kvadrat to harmonize with home furnishings and interiors.
With both units delivering 4K resolution with 3840 x 2160 vibrant pixels, the advanced laser technology in the new projectors delivers an impressive 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and high peak brightness. Thanks to keystone correction with 4-, 9-, and 15-point warping, the projectors provide horizontal and vertical alignment that allows for flexible placement without distortion.
The LG HU715Q generates 2500 ANSI lumens with a laser light source while the LG HU710P delivers 2000 ANSI lumens of brightness via laser-LED hybrid technology. Both are rated for 20,000 hours of use, which translated to a lifespan four times longer than conventional projector lamps.
The new CineBeam projectors feature a number of advanced image-enhancing technologies, including:
- Brightness Optimizer makes adjustments according to ambient light conditions.
- Dynamic Tone Mapping analyzes and fine tunes each frame to support better HDR performance for vivid images regardless of the content or light level of the room
- Filmmaker Mode displays movies the way their directors intended them to be seen, replicating the exact look and feel of a theatrical release by preserving the original aspect ratio, frame rate and colors.
- LG’s webOS smart platform offers intuitive controls and navigation with easy access to a wide range of popular streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, and Apple TV.
- Built-in quad woofers and 2.2-channel stereo [LG HU715Q only] heighten the sense of immersion, addition of surround sound when connected to one or two Bluetooth speakers.
|Price||SRP $2,499||SRP $2,999|
|Resolution||4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160)||4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160)|
|Brightness||2,000 ANSI Lumens||2,500 ANSI Lumens|
|Light Source||Hybrid (Laser + LED)||Laser|
|Lamp Life||20,000 hours||20,000 hours|
|Brightness Optimizer||Iris Mode + Adaptive Contrast||Auto Brightness + Adaptive Contrast|
|Screen Size||40-300 inches||80-120 inches|
|Throw Distance||100-inch @ 2.9-4.6m||100-inch @ 21.7cm|
|Throw Ratio||1.3 – 2.08||0.22|
|Lens Shift||Horizontal ± 24%, Vertical ± 60%||–|
|Keystone Correction||4/9/15 Point Warping||4/9/15 Point Warping|
|Apple AirPlay 2 / HomeKit||Yes||Yes|
|Integrated Speakers||5W + 5W Stereo||20W + 20W Stereo|
|Remote Control||Yes (Magic Lighting Remote)||Yes (Magic Lighting Remote)|
|Inputs||HDMI x 3 with eARC / USB 2.0 x 2||HDMI x 3 with eARC / USB 2.0 x 2|
For more information, visit LG.com.
See also: Epson Releases Its Most Advanced Laser Projector To Date