Runco International recently honored its top selling retail partners at the company’s annual Mexico Getaway in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Top honors went to Irvine, Calif.-based Genesis Audio & Video, which took home the 2005 Chairman’s Club title for sales exceeding $500,000 a year.
“Building on the excitement and hard work of our dealers, this Getaway is the celebration of our sales achievement as attained by the top 7 percent of our dealers and the people who continuously provide unwavering support for Runco,” said Sam Runco, Runco International’s founder and CEO.
Other award winners included:
- International distributor of the year: Gecko (Surrey, United Kingdom).
- New dealer of the year: Crescendo Designs (Southampton, N.Y.).
- Dealer of the year, single location: Gen esis Audio & Video (Irvine, Calif.).
- Dealer of the year, two to five locations: Definitive Audio (Seattle).
- Dealer of the year, more than five locations: Harvey Electronics (New York).
- Top Canadian dealer: Discreet Systems Design (Montreal).
- Outstanding sales achievements, single location: The Home Theater Store & Design Center (San Diego); Elite Custom A/V Installation (Montclair, Calif.); Aurant (Salt Lake City); The Little Guys (Glenwood, Ill.); Future Home (Los Angeles); Overture (Wilmington, Del.) and Electronics Design Group (Piscataway, N.J.).
- Outstanding sales achievements, two to five locations: World Wide Stereo (Montgomeryville, Pa.); Thul Electronics (Avon, Colo.); Advanced Audio Design (Sarasota, Fla.).
- Increase over prior year, single location: Stuarts Audio (Westfield, N.J.); Starr Systems Design (Baltimore); Big Boss Productions (Henderson, Nev.) and Canadian Sound (Oakville, Ontario).
- Regional winners: Lights Camera Action (Ridgefield, Conn.); NuSystems (Gardenerville, Nev.); Audio Advice (Raleigh, N.C.); The Sound Room II (Chesterfield, Mo.); Premier Audio (Edmonton, Alberta); M. Alan Associates (Cincinnati); Goosebumps (McMurray, Pa.) and Listen Up (Denver).
- Mexican standoff, single location, top four: Hometronics (Ardent Marketing), Salem Sound Center (Future Sales Group), Cyber Sound & Security (MK Marketing) and Sound by Singer (Big Apple Audio).
- Mexican standoff multiple locations, Top two: Audio One (C & E Marketing) and Gramophone (The Nutech Group).
Runco used the event to show dealers and members of the press some of its exclusive new patent-pending technologies, including the CineWide system which uses electronic processing to stretch a movie image vertically and an anamorphic lens to stretch it horizontally to fill a 2.35:1 screen. The system reproduces a picture in its original super widescreen Cinemascope format, Runco said.
Runco demonstrated its prototype RS-1100 1,080p projector using the CineWide system and a single DLP chip. Also previewed were several new 1,080p projectors that the company plans to ship by the upcoming CEDIA Expo in Denver in September.