Springtime is coming – the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the sound of lawnmowers is driving Americans up the wall and destroying neighborhood relationships, according to a survey by Husqvarna.
Here are some of the key findings from the survey:
- One in ten (10%) of Americans are unhappy with their neighbors and nearly a fifth (16%) said they have considered moving because of difficulty with a neighbor.
- Another third (35%) say they don’t have positive feelings towards their neighbors.
- Three-quarters (74%) of Americans claim at some point they wished their neighbor/neighborhood were quieter.
- A quarter of Americans say neighborhood noise disturbs their leisure/rest time (27%) or family members’ sleep/rest (21%).
- Two-thirds (65%) of Americans wish lawn care equipment were quieter.
- Four in five (80%) claim loud lawn equipment has disrupted their day-to-day at some point.
- Loud lawn equipment is a very common distraction for Americans (80%), alongside barking dogs (81%).
With most Americans (74%) wishing their neighbors were quieter at some point, Husqvarna has a solution to restore peace and quiet. While traditional gas mowers produce an average sound of 95-100 decibels, making your neighborhood as loud as a highway with traffic, the Husqvarna Automower has an average sound level of 58-69 decibels, equivalent to a normal conversation.
“The survey results really highlight the need for a quieter, more considerate approach to lawn care, and that’s exactly what Husqvarna’s Automower provides,” said Alex Trimboli, Director, Robotics Marketing North America at Husqvarna Group. “As we can see, noise from lawn equipment is a major source of tension between neighbors, and Automower offers a smarter, quieter, and more innovative solution to this common problem.”
Using a Husqvarna Automower not only makes you a quality neighbor but also saves you time and effort while providing a healthier and better-looking lawn. With the newly launched Automower 450X and 450XH EPOS™, homeowners can enjoy a wire-free mowing solution that offers multiple work areas with customized schedules, cutting heights and mowing patterns. Battery-powered and emissions-free, the Automower is better for the environment, your lawn and your neighbor relations.
See also: Moen Expands Water Control To Your Yard